“Was Alright!”

Four Points by Sheraton Kamloops
Ranked #16 of 54 Hotels in Kamloops
“Was Alright!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We spent 2 nights there during August long weekend and it was pretty decent. Our room 223 was spacious and clean. The room had a 2 comfy beds, a huge flat screen LG television, a mini fridge and complimentary coffee. For the kids they have a small indoor pool with a mini water slide. For the adults a gym, whirlpool and sauna. For breakfast, a short walk across the street pass the the lights is a wonderful breakfast place called CORA's.....fantastic!!! Overall it was worth $120.00 a night for 3 people.....however I kinda think they may have jacked up the price of the room because of the long weekend?

Room Tip: I would ask for a room on higher floors and away from the the front entrance.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Just a quick overnight but the staff was very professional, room was clean and comfortable, hotel Restaurant - Rics Steakhouse - had great food and great service. Had both lunch and breakfast there and both were very good.

The area is relatively new so there doesn't appear to be a whole lot to do in this area yet, however we weren't there long enough to make a fair assessment.

All in all we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
M_Sumic, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kamloops, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are so happy to hear you found your room clean and comfortable and our staff was able to make you feel at home. We look forward to welcoming you back to Four Points Kamloops!
Toronto
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We've stayed at other Four Points and this one in Kamloops is not as nicely appointed as the others. Small rooms. Very small bathrooms. Can hear everything from the hallway through the door. Just okay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi marcia0005, thank you for your review. Your feedback is very important to us and has been shared with our team. We hope you consider staying with us again next time you are in Kamloops.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The hotel was perfectly adequate and the room was fine if a little cramped for 4 people. View was on to a wall of the car park so a bit claustrophobic but clean and well maintained.
Bus stops just outside the hotel and is about 25min journey to town centre.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a valley view not at the back as air con can be noisy.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel twice for business and it meets my needs. I agree with another reviewer, if you have a room with the view of the valley it's really nice. My first stay I had a view of the street or alley behind the hotel which is not so good. Hotel is clean and I've never had a bad sleep in an SPG property bed. With my corporate discount it works out to a very good deal so it will be my choice for future trips to Kamloops. The Ric's Grill restaurant food in the hotel is ok (had one breakfast and one lunch during my stays) but preferred to go elsewhere. I have eaten at Ric's at other 4 Points in western Canada so menu seems the same. Within a few minutes walk is Starbucks, Coras for breakfast/brunch, Original Joes for lunch/dinner, Five Guys for burgers/fries and if you have a car then you realize Kamloops is not that big of a place! Hotel pool is nice (seems heated) and gym facilities appeared well kept.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
White Rock, Canada
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the hotel on business recently. Her recent hip surgery resulted in a requirement for a walk-in shower. Unfortunately, the handicapped units all had a tub which required an impossible step for her. The only option was to pay a significantly higher price for a unit with a jacuzzi tub (this unit had the walk in shower). This is something that should be corrected. The other problem were dirty dishes left in the hallway as a result of room service. They were still there some 24 hours later. I should add that the staff were efficient and friendly; the room very clean with great service by the cleaning staff. Handicapped parking was easy to access and plentiful. We will certainly stay again. We are both confident that the small problems will be fixed in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Dale26589
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stayed here for a couple of days on a work trip. The place is conveniently located if you are passing through Kamloops as it is right off the highway. There is free parking directly outside the hotel. It seemed busy when I arrived though, so I'm not sure if this parking lot ever gets overly full. Some of the parking spaces are also very tight and poorly located if you have a large vehicle. I had a small car, so this was not an issue for me, but it was something that crossed my mind.

The check in was quick and efficient. The room was fairly modern in furnishings, but had nothing fancy. It was what I expected for this level of hotel. The bed was very comfortable, however, I found the pillows to be too fluffy. It would have been nice to have had the choice of different pillow firmness. All of the pillows were so lofty and fluffy, that I couldn't get comfortable on them and ended up sleeping without one. The wireless internet worked well and I liked that the rooms contain a fridge.

I was here on a work trip and it was a corporate rate, but I think the regular price is a bit expensive. I supposed it's comparable to other hotels in the area (and there are quite a few along the same road).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Jamie K, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kamloops, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback in regards to your recent stay. Our team truly appreciates that you chose to stay with Four Points by Sheraton. Take care and safe travels!