“Beautiful pool area”

Ranked #2 of 55 Hotels in Kamloops
Courtenay, Canada
“Beautiful pool area”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

The hotel was wonderful the pool area was beautiful the rates were good rooms very clean. But the restaurant has the noisiest kitchen door every 30 seconds a bang so loud you jump right beside your table not a very pleasant dinner atmosphere service in the restaurant was not so good average to poor service. All other aspects of the stay was most enjoyable. I would recommend it

• Stayed March 2014
Review collected in partnership with Coast Hotels

Angela T, Director of Sales at Coast Kamloops Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you for your comments Kelley. We are so happy you enjoyed our unique indoor atrium and competitive rates. I am sorry that your restaurant experience was not 100%. Based on your comments, we will check in with our Engineering team to see if they can work on a solution for the kitchen door and advise our Restaurant Manager of your comments regarding the service the evening you were here. Please do come again, we would love to welcome you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Whitehorse, Canada
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at the Coast Kamloops Hotel. The front desk staff were very professional and helpful, arrived in the morning and was able to access my room. The room was clean and the housekeeping staff were excellent, especially Josie. The restaurant was great for breakfast thoroughly enjoyed the spinach and feta omelette and the eggs Benedict.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you Margaret! It is great to hear you had a great experience with us during your recent, lengthy stay. It looks as though you were here over the Tim Hortons Brier dates. I hope you got to catch some of the action, as it was a great event! I will pass along your lovely comments to our staff and especially Josie. She is a gem. We hope to welcome you back for your next trip to Kamloops.
Penticton, B.C.
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Comfortable rooms, excellent amenities, affordable prices are the key to any hotel, but what makes any Coast property stand head and shoulders above the rest is the highly trained, professional, friendly staff that treats you like a valued customer each and every time. Great work, team! Thank you very much! Always a pleasure staying at a Coast Hotel. From now on, we will search out a Coast Hotel wherever we go.

Stayed March 2014
We are so happy to hear you enjoyed the service from our team here at the Coast Kamloops Hotel. It is our extreme pleasure to have you stay with us and we are glad you noticed that. We hope to see you again soon.
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I have been traveling to Kamloops every now and then. From my previous experience with Coast chain, I decided to try this hotel for my trip. The front desk staffs were very helpful. smooth check in, didn't have to wait long to get my room keys. They also helped me to find out my office with perfect direction. Stayed in room with 2 queen beds. The room was very nice. The decor of the room well appointed. Bed was really comfortable, and had a good night sleep. Inside the hotel, the atmosphere was not chilled in the atrium. I loved the salt water pool. It is one of the best.
I must say, I was surprised and happy with the restaurant. The food was delicious. I'll definitely try again the Friday night buffet.Plenty of choice of foods and reasonably prices. The service was very pleasant.
For my next visit, this will be my hotel to stay. Not pricey, great service, nice bed to sleep, clean room. Love the Coast chain.

Keep up the good work.
Cheers!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us Mike, and for taking the time to share your great comments. We appreciate your business and you sharing this with the world. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Port Coquitlam, Canada
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I have been traveling to this location for over 8 years, before it changed to the Coast. I have always enjoyed coming here until now. I travel a lot for business as this trip is.

The first night I tried to get a packed lunch for work and was told they did that here by the front but by the restaurant they said no until I pushed it and she called her manager. I spent over 30 minutes getting this taken care of and they never even said sorry for the hassle......

I had a first here, I called about my laundry and she said when my co-worker gets here. One hour later I walked out and got it myself, a first. The girl, yes girl doing her finger nails, said oops I am still waiting for my co-worker. She got part of my laundry and did not agree that I had more until she checked. Not a high level of service

Yes, one more thing. For room cleaning they have not replaced the coffee a couple of the days or even last night cleaned the garbage out. Let's save money????

I run a lot of conferences even involved in an annual one here. I shall discuss this service with the executive and question using this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Angela T, Director of Sales at Coast Kamloops Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Hello Greg.
Thank you for pointing out the deficiencies in your recent stay with us. As my email to you requesting information to help me investigate this further was not replied to, we have chosen to discuss the specific issues internally with our staff to ensure they are addressed. Until this point we have not offered a packed lunch program, so I suspect that is why you did not receive a clear response immediately. Please let me apologize on our behalf for the time you lost in attempting to arrange this service. I will bring this up at our next meeting with the food and beverage team to see if this is something we can establish and, if not, at least ensure everyone here is giving you the same information. Our laundry delivery policy has been reviewed with staff and it should always be delivered between 3 pm and 5 pm to the guest rooms, unless the room has been marked with a “do not disturb” Our Executive Housekeeper is meeting with her staff to make sure they are continually servicing the amenity refreshments and completing trash removal daily. Again this should always occur unless the room is marked with a “do not disturb” I regret that we did not get to communicate directly to cover off some questions, but I assure you we appreciate the opportunity to improve based on the initial information you posted. Thank you for your business over the past 8 years. It is appreciated. While I was happy to read that you have always enjoyed coming here, I am so sorry that during your most recent stay, we did not meet your expectations.
Okanagan, B.C.
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Stayed 1 night on business. Had a room with 2 queen beds. Very large room, small bathroom, well appointed.
The room was decorated nicely but you can only cover so much when working with an old hotel. A bit dark and tired looking.
Bed was comfortable but the sheets have sever pilling happening.
Toilet paper was horrible - the cheapest I have ever seen in a hotel period.
Many large bottles of shampoo, conditioner, cream which I appreciate but the bottles did not look clean to me as there was dried product showing.
I would stay here again but if I had my choice would go elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Angela T, Director of Sales at Coast Kamloops Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you for your comments. We will discuss your concerns immediately with our team to address them. I do hope you reconsider a return stay with us and if you do, please request an exterior room, as they offer more natural light.
British Columbia
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Although is is -20 right now, the frigid air has not chilled the atmosphere inside this hotel. as I am here on a business trip I must say I was pleasantly surprised at this hotel, my room on the 3rd floor overlooked the indoor gardens, water features and pool. Is very pleasing to feel like a tropical retreat with outside below freezing temperatures. As soon as I entered the hotel I was greeted by not only the reception staff, also the housekeeping staff that was walking past said Hello with smile. Had a quick bite in the restaurant (Thai noodles dish, good & reasonably priced) server was friendly& attentive . No wee lil toiletries, full bottles of hair and body products. Spacious rooms well laid out, all in all I would stay here again! Yes, the pool is open until 10:00, and there may be children swimming, but for me hearing the giggles and splashing was in no way a problem or concern.

Room Tip: I like the inside view, waking up to a nice oasis!