“Third time back over the years” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Coast Kamloops Hotel & Conference Centre

Coast Kamloops Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #3 of 55 Hotels in Kamloops
Calgary
“Third time back over the years”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

This was my third stay at the Coast Hotel Kamloops over the past 10 years. The hotel in my opinion is well kept and clean. The weather in Kamloops during this time though was a lot colder then usual, minus 12 to 15 which in turn made the atrium pool and hot tub a little cool for swimming. One of the best things I will say is the Preston Restaurant wow, breakfast was fantastic and the prices very reasonable, $13.00 for a full omelet breakfast. And thank you to Heather for having such a wonderful personality. I was a little reluctant about the last two or three poor reviews but after being back I can't see what anyone had to complain about. The room was very large but maybe a little sparsely furnished, could of used another chair for a second person if you wanted to have sit down conversation. The king size bed was heavenly, with good quality bedding and pillows. The bathroom as pointed out in previous review was a little small but well stocked with shampoo's soap and all the other little goodies. The room had a fridge and microwave as well as a good morning coffee, tea and hot chocolate selection. As far as location the Hotel is located right off the highway with close access to downtown and shopping. Tims Hortons is at the top of the block as well as a good assortment of eating places. Thank you Coast Hotel for a good two nights, I will be back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Angela T, Director of Sales at Coast Kamloops Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
You are most welcome for a great two night stay and the service offered. I truly appreciate you pointing out your satisfaction with the food, pricing and services in Prestons restaurant. We look forward to your return in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sudbury, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

This hotel has a nice lobby, friendly staff, interesting inside garden/pool area. The rooms are large enough but we had a room with a balcony facing the interior garden and I found after a few days that I felt deprived of sunlight. The food at the restaurant was excellent. I would have preferred to be closer to the downtown but as we were at a trade show the location was not our choice. Amenities nearby.

Room Tip: I would request one with an outside view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Northerngirrl
We are pleased to hear you found your room nice and clean and our staff friendly. We do offer a wide variety of room types, so if you are coming back in the future, please feel free to ask for an exterior room on the front of the hotel or overlooking the valley with a view of the city and the rivers. Thank you for staying and sharing.
Buford, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

we were on a rocky mountaineer excursion and stopped in Kamloops for the night. This was the ONLY negative experience. The hotel was absolutely nasty. The carpets were stained. the toilet was dirty and the place stank. I was afraid to sleep in the bed. If I could have gone somewhere else I would have. If you do rocky mountaineer request another hotel. For health reasons if nothing else.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Angela T, Director of Sales at Coast Kamloops Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Your review comes as a shock, and my initial thought is that you are speaking of another property in our city. We will ask TripAdvisor to try to investigate further to try to determine this. Our property is all freshly renovated, very well cleaned by our housekeeping team and provides a healthy environment. As a provider to the Rocky Mountaineer GoldLeaf guests, we are number one in their customer satisfaction ratings. While I normally make efforts to apologize or rectify bad situations, in this case I think an error has occurred. I am sorry though, that your Kamloops experience was not a good one.
Sexsmith
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

We have stayed here before and found it to be very nice and well run

However on this occasion we were checked into a room just down the hall from the Vista room, the Tomilsons anerversery was being held, well to make a long story short they were allowed to make noise and kids running and screaming in the hall until 1am in the morning, I went into the hallway to see what was going on and meet up with two ladies that were in chg, I asked why these people were allowed to cause such a disturbance? I was treated like I was out of line by complaining

Room Tip: Make sure you are not on the floor with the Vista room
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
I am sorry to hear that your stay was disturbed by some guests celebrating in one of our function rooms. When we have events booked into a function space, we do expect them to contain their event to the function room rented. It is further disappointing to hear that the staff members working the function were unable to rectify the problem for you. The protocol for such a situation will be discussed with the staff. I am happy your previous experience with us was positive, but regrettably that was not the case for this stay. Please contact me directly, as we would like to assist further with this issue.
North Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

Easy Location great local amenities, inside the Hotel was clean and very comfortable. It amazes me how friendly the staff are here every time I visit Kamloops. Mind you, the people of Kamloops are very friendly and welcoming so it should come as no surprise. I had a specific room request and the Hotel accommodated without issue. Too bad my stays here are only over-nighters. I am looking forward to my next visit to Kamloops and I will stay at the Coast Kamloops.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
It is our pleasure to amaze you with friendly service. I also appreciate you pointing out that there are ample amenities surrounding the hotel. We look forward to any and all of your overnight stays with us. Thank you.
Merritt, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Terrific upgrade to an older hotel by Coast Hotels. Rooms are totally updated, clean and roomy with a super comfortable bed. Meeting rooms and public washrooms also all updated. Food provided for meals was tasty and presented well. Breakfast in restaurant was great, with very good efficient service. Close to other amenities, lots of shopping. Will return.

Room Tip: Third floor was quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your lovely review Susan. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.