“Excellent hotel.”

Ranked #2 of 55 Hotels in Kamloops
Kent
“Excellent hotel.”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

This was just an overnight stay as we passed through on the Rocky Mountaineer, so much detail is missing! However, the most important thing was - excellent well equipped room and a quiet, very good nights sleep.

The restaurant for dinner was very good, however our perception was that this hotel was quite a way out of town, therefore you had a limited range of restaurants to choose from!

The staff however were very helpful, the fridge in my room was making an awful din and I was not going to use it - but could not switch it off - they sorted it for me instantly.

My husband thoroughly enjoyed the indoor pool - which our room overlooked.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Angela T, Director of Sales at Coast Kamloops Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
I hope that your trip to Canada was outstanding. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us in our newly renovated rooms. We do have a fair amount of restaurant options within walking distance, but are pleased to hear that Ora Restaurant offered you a very good meal while within the hotel. Our front desk team is always happy to help address any guest concerns, so we thank you for giving us the opportunity to do so. We are delighted that your husband took the time to experience our spectacular atrium and indoor pool. It is a wonderful unique feature of our property, which also includes a hot tub. I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 21, 2012

The coast left its downtown location and picked up this hotel, attached to the conference center. Its currently overlooks the city on the hill near shopping malls, commerical areas - with a bunch of other hotels, restaurants and pubs. Overall pretty good. Nice lobby, reception area. The restaurant attached the hotel is alright, had a good burger for dinner. My room was in the newer renovated side, facing the indoor atrium (pool, hot tub, seating area). My guestroom had been recently remodeled - nice beds, tv, fixtures - actually fairly spacious. The workout room needs some updated equipment. Would I stay here again for work? Probably...hey, its Kamloops!

Room Tip: Ask for the newly renovated wing. At the time of this review, only one side had been completed.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the review Billybob101. We are happy to be flying the Coast Hotels flag since November of 2011 and are pleased that you found many shopping and restaurant options nearby. The lobby and newer south wing, which you stayed in, have enjoyed 4 million dollars in upgrades to ensure an extraordinary transformation. We will consider your advice with regard to the fitness equipment when we undertake a renovation of that wing this winter. We look forward to welcoming you back to the property anytime you visit Kamloops.
Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed May 19, 2012

We booked a trip to Kamloops on the May long weeked with the Coast Kamloops Hotel and Conference Center. We requested a room with a cot and we were told that it would be no problem. Upon arrival we asked if the cot was already in the room and were told that just because we had been told that a cot would be no problem the Coast Kamloops did not guarantee cots and they didn't have any. The night manager then blamed the issue on a trainee on the morning shift. We were then informed that we could find someplace else to stay and they wouldn't charge us for cancelling the booking, fully knowing that there were no vacancies anywhere else.
On top of all of this, the bathrooms walls are full of mildew, black and pink tinged grouting. The tub is stained and yellowish in color.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Ross, I was very disappointed to hear about the problem that was encountered with your cot request on May long weekend. Our reservation and front desk staff must specifically reserve a cot in our system when the guest requests one at the time of booking the room. If it is not available, they must advise it is not possible. I have investigated and found notes from your room that weekend. The room was booked the same day as your arrival by a new clerk on her second training shift. She booked the room for 2 guests and did not hold a cot, instead just noting it in a memo. At check-in the reservation was changed to 4 guests and the cot shortage was realized. The staff tried to rent a cot from another venue, but found none were available in the city. While these efforts could not correct the situation, they then called your guest room and advised that we would be reducing your guest room rate by $30 per night to try to compensate for a cot being unavailable. The guest in your room very kindly advised that the discount was helpful in resolving the frustration. We are very sorry for the human error that occurred and have emphasized the importance of this in our early training procedures. Having found your booking I will follow up with our housekeeping staff to see if they can address the grout and tub issues you uncovered, prior to renovating the room completely this winter. I hope we can see you again in the future to improve on this experience.
Oxenhope, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 17, 2012

As guests on the 'Rocky Mountainer' train (2 days) Gold Leaf we were booked into this hotel by the rail company. We had no idea where we were staying prior to reaching Kamloops, and, on researching Kamloops on Google street view we assumed this town was a one horse town in the middle of nowhere,how wrong could we be as we pulled into this vibrant backwater of some 15,000 inhabitants. This hotel was most unexpected, staff very friendly, could not do enough for us. Large oom had two large beds with pillows that we describe as 'bliss'. Most rooms seem to have a verandah which faces onto an internal area where the pool, sauna and spa pool are located (if in the UK one might say this was a bit 'dated') If being hyper critical one could ask why there is only the one changing room (for both sexes) where someone staying there can access with their room card and catch some unaware visitor in an embarrassing situation (Iocked myself in the one toilet to change/dry once the situation was assessed). Room had all mod cons, temperature controlled air cond, satellite tv, fridge, kettle, etc. Fantastic place for Canada, well done Coast Hotels and would love to come again (despite other older reviews! hotel probably has had its upgrade since then and we were eating on the 'Rocky Mountainer' train, breakfast and a very heavy lunch)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
I hope you enjoyed your entire Canadian vacation. We were happy to be noted as a pleasant surprise on your overnight stay in Kamloops. We are pleased that you enjoyed the blissful pillows and the recreational facilities. The change room you mentioned is more of an entranceway to the sauna area that we keep locked off to ensure exclusive guest access to the sauna. I am glad you found the washroom in there as an alternative to changing within your guest room. We appreciate that you enjoyed our recent renovations and all the conveniences that were offered within your room. Please do come again!
Victoria
Reviewed April 23, 2012 via mobile

My TA booked me in the Coast and no one told her they moved out of town. Nice hotel but it's a 14$ cab ride to town. If you don't have a car don't stay here. I feel they should be a bit more honest.

Stayed April 2012
Angela T, Director of Sales at Coast Kamloops Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, May 18, 2012
Thank you for your review. I am sorry your agent did not give you the correct information about our property’s location in Kamloops. The mix up is likely based on the following: We were an independent hotel until November of 2011, at which time we joined the Coast Hotels & Resorts family and named the Hotel the Coast Kamloops Hotel & Conference Centre. Previous to that Coast Hotels did have another property franchised in downtown Kamloops, which was the Coast Canadian Inn. This property became an independent hotel and was no longer part of the Coast Hotels & Resorts brand as of October of 2011; shortly thereafter it did close completely. Our location is within walking distance of a multitude of business establishments, restaurants, Kamloops largest shopping centre and Cineplex theatres, but we are not directly in the downtown core. Public transit service is available from directly in front of the property. I hope that you choose to stay with us again in the future and enjoy the many amenities offered within the property and our vicinity.
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed April 15, 2012

The first thing I noticed was the friendly and helpful staff, made me feel welcomed. The Coast
Hotel chain I guess just took over the site and are in the process of a needed upgrade and clean-up like carpets,towel bars coming off, dents and cracks. We had dinner in the hotel and it was great, again fantastic service and food. The hotel was flawed in the building as the builder cheaped out in preventing the noise pollution to enter rooms another disapointment
was poor tv set up, I could not get my remote to work properly and there were no pay for view
movies even though it lists it on the web site, I book try to book hotels with this feature as I stay
up late and want to watch a new movie with no commecials. The pool set-up is great for children
as we could sit near the pool and play games at a table as my grandkids played in the pool.
I would stay here again because of the friendly staff, good food ect. They would need to get
pay per view movies though. My mom left an expensive jacket in her room and is calling today
to retreve it so we will see how far there customer service goes.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Angela T, Director of Sales at Coast Kamloops Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
We appreciate you staying with us and letting us know your thoughts. I am pleased that you enjoyed the warm welcome our staff is known for. We have been updating the hotel since last October and have renovated our entire south wing from floor to ceiling and everything in between. Our lobby, pool area and entrance are now refreshed and inviting. This upcoming winter we will complete the project in our north wing. The sound proofing is normally quite good here as it is concrete construction, but my apologies that you encountered some noise issues. I am sorry there was not access to pay per view movies. This is not on our Coast Hotels & Resorts website, but I will look around to try to see the source for that information to enable us to remove it. We may offer this feature in the future, but not immediately. I hope your mom got her jacket back and we have the pleasure of seeing you again in the future.
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed April 10, 2012

The hotel was very clean, very large sized rooms. It was great to have a seperate sink from the regular sink in the bathroom. It allowed for more than one person at a time to get ready. The staff was courtious and very quick to assist with any of our requests.

Room Tip: Can get a little noisy, north tower was quieter as banquet room was on the south side. It was great...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
I am pleased you enjoyed a wonderful stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!