“Very comfortable”

Best Western Plus Kamloops Hotel
Ranked #2 of 54 Hotels in Kamloops
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed here with my husband and two dogs. Front desk check-in was seamless. Goody bag for the dogs. Big room with two big comfy beds. Very clean room and easy access to the outside. Heated bathroom floor. Excellent breakfast. Only suggestion...a bit more grassy space outside for the dogs!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bizzyone
TimRodgers, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kamloops Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

We are glad you enjoyed your stay. The owners are looking at adding a grassy fenced in area for our four legged guests as you suggest. Hopefully this summer.

Our heated bathroom floors are a big hit with many guests.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I have stayed here a few times on business trips. The staff at this hotel have always been nothing but extremely helpful and friendly. I am not sure of the name of the lady that takes care of the breakfast room, but she has gone out of her way to make sure I have as much coffee and continental breakfast I can handle, even after the 9:30am expiration time which is really appreciated. The rooms are clean and in excellent condition. We have never had a bad experience at this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
TimRodgers, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kamloops Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Thank you for your comments on your visits with us. Our staff always wants to go that extra mile when they can and I am glad they were able to show you that.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

While on a trip to visit our son, we had the privilege of staying at the Kamloops Best Western. The room was clean, the bathroom definitely had a spa like feel to it. The complementary breakfast was one of the best we have experienced on our travels. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
TimRodgers, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kamloops Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thanks for your kind words about your visit during your travels into Kamloops. Our breakfast is one of the popular items for our guests which we are constantly changing to meet our guests demands.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I just wanted to give high praise to the Kamloops Best Western Hotel and staff for making our family weekend in Kamloops so enjoyable. Keshia and the staff were all helpful and friendly, and the Hotel itself was just beautiful. We go up to stay in Kamloops a couple of times a year, and have been to many of the comparable hotels in the area, and this one was our favourite. We enjoyed the cleanliness, newness, view, saltwater pool for kids, and the continental breakfast which went above and beyond normal expectations.

Thank you all for a great weekend, and we will most definately be booking with you in the summer!

Sincerely, The Alfawicki family
White Rock, BC

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
TimRodgers, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kamloops Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Thank you for your review. We had many families enjoying BC's new long weekend at the hotel. We just completed a new mural in the pool area and are installing new 42inch Flat Screen TV's in all rooms.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank ROB H
TimRodgers, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kamloops Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Reviewed January 10, 2013

For travellers trying to find a hotel for hospital stays in the Kamloops area here is feedback regarding our recent stay at The Best Western Plus. On the advice of my doctors office, I was recommended this hotel to stay at for my recent surgery due to the close proximity to the Kamloops surgical center. I was pleased to find out that it had a special rate ( $149) for hospital stays and booked 2 nights, Jan 6th and 7th. I read in the information binder the option to request a late check out. Since my doctor’s appt. wasn’t until 1 pm and I was not well due to having surgery less than 24 hrs., I requested a 12:30 pm check out rather than 11:00 am. I was shocked when the front desk attendant told me that this was not possible due to the request of a regular client needing the room at 11 am. In disbelief, we went back to the room so I could rest until 11 am. Upon check out, I voiced my concern again, and the front desk attendant told me that the regular client needed the room by noon due to a meeting she had and there was nothing she could do. I was in disbelief. The hotel that offers discounted hotel rooms for hospital stays, on a Tuesday in early January, with an EMPTY parking lot could not accommodate an extra 90 mins??? Check in at the hotel is 3 pm. We are travellers and have never been turned down an extended check out time, regardless of the situation. But one would think, under my circumstances, the customer service standards would have been more compassionate. What an unfortunate situation and a disappointing experience I had at this hotel. The manager did respond to my email concern promptly and said that the hotel prides itself in superior customer service, however not giving us an option to rest in another room for additional 90 min. is NOT superior customer service.Just because the exact room was not available doesn't mean that there weren't several empty rooms avail. My opinion is, this hotel should not offer hospital stays, if they are not willing to accommodate their patrons needs.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TheCroteaus
TimRodgers, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kamloops Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

This guest was booked into a room type that we only have a few of and the others were booked and in-house that day. The next reservation had requested a early check-in which we had agreed to prior to this guest asking for a late check-out.

We do have many guests who are here for hospital and surgery visits and our staff go out of their way to try to accommodate early check-in's and outs. It is unfortunate that it was not possible for that room that day.

Tim Rodgers CHA

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Recently stayed here for a swim meet, the hotel was very nice, comfortable and the breakfast that is included was very very good. An amazing selection of food for free. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful with an early check-in.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank speedyreb
TimRodgers, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kamloops Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Thank you for your comments. We have made a few changes again this winter to our breakfast program after a guest survey to make our menu selection a better variety.

We also opened early for the swim teams as they have to get to the meet so early!