“Wow factor!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Castlegar, Canada
“Wow factor!”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

It's been a while since I stayed at a BW and man have they come up. Used to be pretty basic all around, but not they've got BW plus and supposedly even "premier" to boot. I've not tried premier yet, but this BW plus is super nice. Big room, nicely finished bathroom, ceramic tile job is pretty awesome. The facilities here are great all 'round and a hot breakfast is not just toast and jam here, no sir, there is a full spread.

Really impressed.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
TimRodgers, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kamloops Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
As our slogan says, "Our standards are anything but!". The staff get excited when we can "Wow" a guest which we seem to be doing quite regularly this summer.

Our new Rock Feature on our exterior is also getting great reviews!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Room was clean and the location was good. I would have rated higher but thought the price was higher than other Best Westerns I stayed in that had the same or better quality.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
TimRodgers, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kamloops Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thank you for your reply. Rates are based on demand and adjusted seasonally. The date you were here was during a city wide conference in town so any discounted rates would not have been available. We do keep our CAA and Harley Davidson discounts always open.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 16, 2012

First off, this is an older hotel. The configuration in the rooms is weird (the beds are right by the door and the bathroom is at the end of the room opposite the beds). Strange. First time I've ever seen this configuration - even in and older hotel. Because the beds were closer to the door, it made the noise from the door to the hall seem more prominent. Not that it would have made a difference - there was a wedding there that weekend, and there was someone in and out about 3 rooms surrounding us until about 4am - the noise was intolerable. AND that was when I requested a 'quiet room' because I am a 'light sleeper'. Nice.

Of course, breakfast was a gong show in the morning. It was sooo busy and the staff did very little to mitigate this.The eggs were powdered and the sausages tasted like cardboard (the manufactured ones I am not usually too picky about, but these were DISGUSTING!).

When I complained about the noise when I checked out, I didn't get a sorry, instead I got a "Yeah, there's a wedding here this weekend'. Nice. That's what you get for $200 a night- YUP!

Oh well - the kids like the pool (even though it was crammed with sooo many people).

Might have had a different experience mid-week, so I am not rating them too low. It was clean, so they get some points for that!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
TimRodgers, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kamloops Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you for your comments from your visit with us. We are sorry that the wedding party we had here was noisy. I will speak to our Desk Agents who should have dealt with your compliant in a better manner.

I have sent this guest a private message so we can respond directly to their concerns.

This weekend was busier than normal with many families with our Watchtower conference and the Breakfast room was busy just before they departed each morning.
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed June 30, 2012

We found ourselves having to stay at this location in Kamloops, BC when our intended visit to a different location had to be cancelled because a landslide prevented entry into the area and the road was closed.

I would never have picked Kamloops as a rest stop while travelling but having stayed at this location, I would recommend this property to others and if the opportunity presents itself, I would pick this location for another stay.

The rooms were huge and extremely clean, lovely amenities ,a big screen tv and newer bathrooms. Because this was an unexpected quick stop over and we were tired, we didn't explore too much of the property but from what I observed, it was excellent. The other positive was that the front desk staff, being aware of the circumstances around our reason for having to stay at the hotel, took the time to print highway updates desk so that we would have current information on what roads were open for use the following morning.

Our stay at this location was a welcome respite in what was otherwise a very hectic and long day for us so I felt it deserved a positive review and a recommendation. Thanks again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kamloops Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Thank you for your comments. I am glad my staff were able to both accommodate you on a busy day and kept you appraised of the highway schedule. It was a hectic couple days with the closures.
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed June 30, 2012

We spent just one night as we were passing through Kamloops. The front desk staff were very helpful. They did a bit of shuffling with the reservations and found us the room type we had wanted and saved us $40. We were pleasantly surprised with the room which was spacious and clean. The decor was quite current with dark wood and granite countertops and the bed was very comfortable. The complementary hot breakfast was okay, however I find the fake eggs, highly processed sausages and fruit cocktails that have become the norm in complementary breakfast buffets to be hgihly unappealing. That said, they did offer plenty of food and the selection was better than most. The only other issue was not with the hotel but with rude guests and I only mention this in the hopes that they might read this. There was a wedding nearby and many guests were staying at the hotel and for some reason, they felt if was appropriate to stand out in the hall way and visit both late and night and early in the morning. The chatter at night was difficult to ignore and when we left in the morning we couldn't get through the hall way as they had it entirely blocked with coolers and boxes of items bound for the wedding venue. They stood there discussing who was responsible for the various tasks to be done that day while we stood there with our luggage waiting to get through. Really people - has common courtesy completely disappeaared.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. We are sorry your neighboring guests weren't quieter. I am glad my staff were able to find you the room type you needed.

We do buy our eggs either pre-cooked or do up fresh scrambled eggs on a rotation for variety for our guests. Our pastry and dairy are all bought fresh and locally. Our fruit cocktail is fresh packed and we get lots of comments on it.
Prince George
Reviewed June 25, 2012

So, here I am again at this very nice hotel. 5 nights this time. Possibly one of the nicest hotels in Kamloops. The parking is not bad. A one block walk to Wendy's or another 1/2 block to Tim Hortons. One more block will get you to some nice places to eat.
This hotel is very well maintained. The rooms (well, my room) is always spotless when I return after work. Ask for room #420. Yes it's very nice.
The conti b/fast is almost jaw dropping. Which means it's very good & well maintained.
The front lobby is nice with a friendly touch. The staff is all good. always with a smile. And always a 'hello.'
Well done Best Western. i will be back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kamloops Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are glad we can even surprise our returning guests. Our I Care Cleaning program is being seen by our guests every day now. Our new pancake machine is a hit with our guests (especially the kids) and our indoor pool seems busier than ever.

We just started renovating our exterior with a new Rock feature so look for some photos coming soon!
Québec
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We stayed there 3 days I think, and it was ok.
You got a pool and a fitness room, don't forget your keys!
The rooms are okay, we got a mini-fridge, ( nice when you stay for a while, you can bring some food ) but if there is somebody in the hall you will heard them ( of the guy right next to us was too loud ) Anyway the hotel is pretty .
Didn'T make a difference for the breakfast if you arrive there at 6' or at 8' , the food are always full and nothing was missing ( good point )

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family