“Good rate for what you got”

Best Western Plus Kamloops Hotel
Ranked #2 of 54 Hotels in Kamloops
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We stayed there 3 days I think, and it was ok.
You got a pool and a fitness room, don't forget your keys!
The rooms are okay, we got a mini-fridge, ( nice when you stay for a while, you can bring some food ) but if there is somebody in the hall you will heard them ( of the guy right next to us was too loud ) Anyway the hotel is pretty .
Didn'T make a difference for the breakfast if you arrive there at 6' or at 8' , the food are always full and nothing was missing ( good point )

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed May 28, 2012

We stayed here for one night...myself and my daughters. The hotel was clean and quiet. The ladies at the front desk were always smiling and very cheery. The rooms were spacious and nice and clean. My one and only complaint would be the comforters...too thin and not very cozy. Having said that, the beds and the pillows were very comfortable. I have stayed at quiet a few places in Kamloops and so far this would be my choice hands down.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
TimRodgers, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kamloops Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2012

Thank you for your comments. We are in the middle of changing our bed topping with a new decorative top sheet and decorative pillows by July 1st. This with our duvet blankets on all beds will make our bedding that much better for our guests.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

We stayed at the Best Western Plus Kamloops over the busy May long weekend (2012). I have to preface this fundamentally decent review against the extreme number of young children staying at this location for a sports tournament (Kamloops, is, after all, the Tournament Capital of Canada!!) This wasn't the problem of management and the kids did clear out in the morning rather quickly. BUT BE WARNED: ANY hotel in Kamloops can be overrun with children that can be noisy if there is a tournament going on...

First off, I was swayed at staying at this location as it appears that this hotel is one of the newer hotels in the area. Secondly, I was also a Best Western Rewards member and have grown accustomed to the FREE breakfasts that many locations provide. I had booked the hotel directly with Best Western reservations originally: the price fell over $40 about 36 hours prior to my arrival based on a hotel.com listing...so I immediately called them back. They beat the price by $0.50 and saved me over $40! THANK YOU BEST WESTERN!

The staff was excellent, and friendly for this class of hotel.

We were placed in a suite at the end of the hall. BONUS!! It was CAVERNOUS. The only bad thing was the noise emanating from the adjoining room door...the kids again! Drat!

Breakfast was EXCELLENT: They have a new pancake machine, both fruit, cereal, boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, yogurt and bacon. BACON!! (I ate $10 worth of bacon ALONE without even the slightest bit of scorn from staff! LOL.) The staff was excellent in keeping up with the high demand items as this was a very busy weekend. This was very astute on the part of management, as too often the FREE breakfast doesn't mean much if the good stuff is gone and you can't wait forever for the staff to bring more. A BIG THUMBS UP for good staff and great service during a busy weekend.

The WiFi worked flawlessly which is very important for many people on the go today.

My room had 2 robes, a microwave, a small refrigerator, a coffee machine and a pull out sofa. There were 2 flat screen TV's in this room (suite). This suite could sleep 6. I did not see an in-room safe, I looked for it in all the closets, etc. I could not find one, which was a negative.

The property could use some fencing around it to limit access for thieves, too. I drive a car vulnerable to attention and theft and the lack of outdoor security was a slight concern on my mind, although nothing did happen to my vehicle.

All in all, I will give this place a 4/5 based on the city and star quality/value.

I will stay here again on (hopefully) a quieter weekend.

Cheers from Vancouver.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite at the end of the halls: THEY ARE HUGE! And don't forget your Best Western Rewar...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Timrodgers, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kamloops Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2012

Thank you for your comments about our staff. We are proud of our great service we want to provide to all guests at all times, even if you eat all that bacon,lol. Our pancake machine was a great hit this weekend with the kids!

As noted on the comment below, we had alot of families in on the long weekend which were not all teams and it made for a busy weekend.

i will pass your comments on to the Breakfast room team who take pride in providing a hearty meal to our guests before they start their day.

Reviewed May 19, 2012

We stay at many best westerns anywhere from 100 to 140 a night. This hotel because it was a plus was 150 with tax 174 ( caa rate) closer to 200 for regular rate. I however could not find why they charge extra. It had a pool, hot tub, breakest etc, all the best westerns we have stayed in have that. On this particular weekend they had soccer teams in the hotel, no warning upon booking or checking in that there was probably 100 plus pre teens and teenagers. The night was extremely loud. We were put next to the breakest room and from 6 am onward it was impossible to sleep. Could they not have put us somewhere away from the front at least?? Especially with a baby. Before 6 am all you could hear was barking. Upon check out we stated the problems and we were told we should have talked to the night clerk as he woud have certainly calmed them down. I don't see how he could force an animal to stop barking. No adjustments made, and definitely not worth the extra money, there is no difference between this best western and any other. A bit bigger rooms that is all.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Timrodgers, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kamloops Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

The May long weeekend is the busiest weekend in Kamloops and as such, the rates reflect that demand. We only had two teams on one floor by themselves with about 40 kids, the rest of the kids that weekend were families traveling through or in town visiting (we had over 120 kids under 16 on Friday and 140 on Saturday).
The guest was on the ground floor where we also have pet friendly rooms. As they booked late, this was the only floor still available at time of booking.
We have just won both a Best Western Director's award for 2012 for our cleanliness and maintenance and a 2011 Kamloops Chamber Hospitality Award for our Customer Service.

Reviewed April 4, 2012

this newly renovated hotel offers an excellent salt water pool & hot tub. The staff are friendly and very helpful. We got early check in as well as late check out when the hotel was fully booked so they really try to help out. Very clean.
Breakfast was good, I like yogurt and there was none, but the kids in the room loved the fresh pancakes. Small fridge & microwave in the room is so useful.

Room Tip: corner suite was large and extra windows were so nice.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Timrodgers, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kamloops Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2012

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. We are sorry we ran out of yogurt that morning, it is very popular some days. We have added a fresh pancake machine that is becoming very popular with our guests.

Our outdoor breakfast patio will open on the May long weekend to provide even more breakfast space for the summer business.

Tim Rodgers CHA
Generall Manager

Reviewed March 28, 2012

We stayed at this hotel while in Kamloops for a swim meet. The location could not have been more perfect as the pool is right around the corner.

We arrived at noon and our room was ready and so we got an early check-in. That was awesome.

The rooms are clean and have your basic items available...hair dryer, soaps, wi-fi, nice tv....

The Breakfast provided the following morning had lots of healthy choices and hearty fare. There was sausage, french toast, eggs, cereal etc. This was great since we were there for an athletic event. We were able to take an extra apple or two for the road and that was great.

The only draw back is the noise.
The doors are very heavy and you can hear each and every door slam shut...not great.
We were two doors down from a vending machine and could hear as people would get a pop or candy bar....you could actually hear it fall.

So overall, take your ear plugs...ask to be away from the elevators and any vending machines, maybe go top floor...Good luck.

Room Tip: stay away from elevators and vending machines.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Had stayed at this hotel 1.5 years ago and did not have a very good experience. However, I did like the fact that it was new and very clean, so I gave it another chance. Well.....I shouldn't have. The staff are STILL very unfriendly. Reported loud noise coming from neighborouring rooms 3 times (all after 2am), nothing was done about it. Morning reception staff did not even offer an appology, just let me know in a rude tone that I was the only one calling down about this, so it couldn't have been that bad. Nice! The lack of sleep and the staff's attitude, sure ruined my morning. It doesn't make sense to stay at a hotel, where you pay over $100, but can't get any sleep. Will therefore NOT be back. I will ensure all my friends and family are aware of this.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank 12,340
Timrodgers, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kamloops Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2012

Night Auditor could not find any noise when they went up to the floor. Morning shift only stated that no one else had complained about noise so that is why the morning staff did not offer a discount but a note was left on our daily file incase someone else did complain later that day which did not happen.