“Great motel - does just what it should”
Review of Acadian Inn

Acadian Inn
Ranked #38 of 54 Hotels in Kamloops
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Great motel - clean, easy to get to, light rooms with plenty of space and tea/coffee etc facilities plus good bathroom. Reception staff friendly and helpful. Out of the town centre, but only a five minute drive away, good value for money.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 2, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed here on route from Vancouver to Jasper. It was an ideal location for our onward journey the next morning and the staff where very helpful. The rooms are basic but great value.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2014

This was our second time staying at Acadian. On our way from Calgary to Vancouver we stayed here for a night. It is usually very quiet and you can get a good night sleep, they provide shampoo, conditioner, mouth wash and body lotion, hair dryer, lots of towels and TV with some channels. I recommend it and will stay again if I am on the road.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We were at one time regular customers until the Senior Games in 2013 of which we were not associated with. When I phoned to make reservations for one night I was told the price for that night was $150 as compared to the usual $72/night. I hadn't been aware that the senior games were going on during our stay. Although the price is very high for what you get at the Acadian, I agreed knowing I would probably not find any accommodations last minute. The next day we checked out at 11:45 instead of 11:00. When I went to return the key I was told that I was charged for an additional day. Since it was my own fault I was fine with that until I saw I was charged for $150 again even though the Senior Games were over and there were dozens of rooms available. I inquired about the cost and was told it was because of the Senior Games again. We asked the couple in the room beside us that had just arrived how much they were charged and they told us it was the regular price of $72. We went back to the office and complained but they refused to refund part of our money. I feel like I was severely taken advantage of and we now refuse to stay there again. The Acadian is absolutely nothing special but we were regular customers because of the price. Once you take that away the Acadian has absolutely nothing to offer.

Room Tip: Just don't stay there.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cindyowe
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I loved the great view, the quiet, the ability to cover all my special requests, ie microwave, ground floor, etc. The staff were great. The breakfast room was a nice start to the day. The restaurant next door was yummy and reasonable and generous with the food. I will stay again

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tamara771
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I was a little leary of the motel when driving to it. The checking in process was okay, but we did not feel welcomed to the property.
The recently renovated room was very comfortable. The room was very clean and we had a great sleep on the wonderful bed. Don't expect artwork on the walls, but everything worked. My wife was impressed how clean the bathroom was. The flat screen TV was mounted on the wall which made it easy to watch from bed. Our only disappointment was that the coffee packets provided were for a one-cup coffee maker and not for the four-cup coffee maker in the room. It's unfortunate that the motel went cheap on the coffee. I would stay here again if traveling through Kamloops. There is a small restaurant on site, but we did not eat there. This is a good motel to over night at as you travel along the Trans Canada Highway.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I stayed at Acadian for two nights recently. Without prior booking, I directly dropped in the hotel and checked in and asked for a room with one queen size bed for myself. The staff assigned me to a room on the groud floor initially. After I told him I would prefer a upper-floor room, he kindly reassigned me to a bigger room with two queen size beds on the second floor. The room and bathroom were newly renovated and very clean and well supplied even though standard. There was no problem with noise. I stayed quite comfortably there. The price was pretty good as well. So, I would stay here again next time.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo