“Terrible Experience”

Ranked #41 of 55 Hotels in Kamloops
Prince George
“Terrible Experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

When we booked this we were hoping to save a buck as we just needed a place to sleep, as we were biking during the day. Long story short the room stunk and had bedbugs, at the time we just thought that they were spiders. We seen a few and assumed they were from our day of biking. We checked out and came home, the next day to find one or two in my suitcase. It then clicked that these could be bedbugs, i googled them and that was exactly what they were. I informed my friends and we all went crazy cleaning everything that came with us to ensure they would not become a problem in our homes. I called the hotel and spoke to the manager to see if he would reason with em and give us our money back (because paying to stay in a bed bug infested motel wasn't our plan). His reply to me was well the best i can do is give you a free stay next time you are in kamloops. I laughed and told him he was out to lunch i would never step foot in his motel again. He didn't want to reason with me so now i am doing my best to make sure no one ever makes the same mistake as us. DO NOT STAY HERE.

Room Tip: Do not stay here, bad customer service, and has bedbugs.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Glenn K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2012

As soon as I opened the door there was a TERRIBLE stench, lock on door and window was not secure, I did not feel safe, especially with all the strange people I noticed outside as I was bringing my belongings in. I was afraid to leave the window open to air out, not knowing what might walk by. I didnt want to leave my valuables in the car, afraid it would be broken in, but wasn't sure how safe they would be in the room as well if i went out. Side table and counters werent wiped, gross splatter marks on lamp, gross spoltches in bathroom floor, i was afraid to look at the tub/toilet/sink etc, i saw enough when i looked at the floor. extra pillows and towels looked thrown on the self, empty tissue box, the room obviously had not been cared for. These are the things I noticed right away, if the obvious things have not been cleaned, i cant imagine everything else! Not to mention the terrible decor, did not make me feel at ease. Total of 10 min in that room, now I need to take a shower, thankfully the owner gave my money back, even after telling me that was one of the "better" rooms. We went down the street and for $20 more, I can sleep in peace.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Courtenayc

Travelers are raving about these Kamloops hotels

Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

In two minds on this place, on the one hand it’s very cheap and is what it is – a basic motel the same location as pretty much every other motel in the town. On the other hand it’s quite dirty and old (e.g. there was a chair in the ‘swimming pool’ when we were there.

You get what you pay for, personally I’d pay a little extra next time for one of the other motels.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Mumbai
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2011

The motel is located on the main highway away from the touristy spots. However, kamloops being a small place, most of the city attractions are located within a 15-20 mins drive. The rooms are quite spacious but the decor is a bit tacky/dated (expected as this is a no-frills motel). The pool was not operating and looked in dilapidated state. The place was being managed by an Indian gentleman and he was very accommodating of our requests. Overall, good place for just sleeping over night without expecting to be close to the nightlife/city based attractions.

Room Tip: try and get ground floor rooms with parking right in front
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Courtenay, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2011

This motel has definetely seen better days but I only needed a place for a single night and I was travelling on a tight budget. I found it shabby but very clean with firm but comfortable beds. This is not suitable for someone with mobility problems as there are no grab-bars in the bathroom which has a deep tub. It does not have very secure windows or doors. The door has a little chain lock along with a door handle lock. The windows don't seem to lock, there is no security bar for it and the screens all look lke they've been pried out at some point in time. But, for $70 a night, I had a clean room with a decent bed. I got my money's worth.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank sok30_11
Prince Albert, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2011

Old place, I would suggest spend $10-20 more and get a nice decent place. During my stay, there was no water in the pool and no breakfast provided. It was cheap, might be good for budget minded people.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank AlbertaOilers
Aberdeen, Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2011

This motel is located off Highway-1 about 10km from Kamloops town. For the rate of $49/night (excl. taxes), we got a room with microwave, a mini-fridge and hi-speed wi-fi internet! The pool was not working at the time we were there, but it was the perfect place to put up for a night. The beds were comfy, the floor was clean, the TV was working so everything was great. Bring a pair of ear plugs and you should have no problems with the traffic noise (if any). I think this was one of the best finds (in terms of value) in this region!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple