All reviews the pool hot tub continental breakfast free wifi one night fridge and microwave the air conditioning a great stay comfortable bed highway accommodation vancouver canada rates pet tournament
Selected filters
Reviewed September 6, 2019

I had originally made a non-refundable reservation at the motel just west of this one through a major booking site. That place turned out to be unacceptable, and the staff was beyond impossible to communicate with. After a quick call to the booking site's customer care line and being issued a refund in light of the circumstances, I was hoping to find a place nearby that was significantly better. But it was a long holiday weekend and I realized that my chances might be limited.

I remembered noticing the Kings Motor Inn in my prior searches and then passing due to so-so reviews, but I decided to walk into the reception, and from there the positive surprises kept coming. The front desk clerk seemed competent and was very friendly, and they had a room available at a slightly lower rate than my original room next door, so I gave it a chance.

The room was very clean (and so was the entire property including the pool/hot tub) and comfortable, and breakfast was included. I was happy with my stay and would come back.

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed August 29, 2019 via mobile

We stopped here on the way to Banff from Vancouver. Although it is located on the highway, the rooms at this hotel are quiet, clean and comfortable. Breakfast is included, there is plenty of parking and the wifi is fast and reliable.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2019

We were just stopping for the night in Kamloops so we wanted something cheap, on the highway, and clean. We got all of that. The room even had a fridge so we could keep our drinks cold. And the bed was sufficiently comfortable. The complimentary breakfast in the morning was very basic, but we got our tea and coffee before hitting the road.

Date of stay: July 2019
Reviewed May 27, 2019

We were stopping for a night in Kamloops. I made reservations a month before. When we got there the reservations weren't right. It took a long time at check in to get what we asked for. I booked 3 rooms and they were going to put us in 2. They were also going to charge 2 couples full price because they were using 2 beds in the same room. Never heard of this before. We had booked a kitchen room and if we used the kitchen they were going to charge us more. Have never had this happen before. I would not recommend this place

Date of stay: May 2019
Reviewed April 29, 2019 via mobile

Myself and a colleague stayed at this place for 3 months. Upon checking in we asked several questions about the place and about the pro rate on the “monthly” stay. Things were going well in the beginning. They were happy to have us. We were happy to be there as it was everything we needed for our stay.

As things got closer to time for us to check out, more and more issues were arising.
-our rooms were rarely being made up
-the key cards to the rooms were constantly not working
-they guilt tripped us by continually reminding us how good of a “deal” they were giving us and showing us other people’s hotel rates that they had been charged
-they’re “monthly” rates as posted are for 28 days not for a month
-we were reminded that even after having been there for 3 months that we would have to move out because they had booked our rooms out for the beginning of May.
-I checked out 9 days before my monthly rate had been up -expecting to get 9 days money back at the monthly rate that had been discussed in the beginning. I was refused my refund and left. They rented the room out that had been already paid for for the next 9 days.

I contacted them wanting to speak with them regarding this issue and to hopefully deal with it before writing this review. I was told if I posted a bad review that they will follow it up with my emails and by charging me with extortion for something they already agreed to.

Be careful!