“Good food, very noisy though”
Review of Rocksalt Bar & Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Rocksalt Bar & Grill
Neighborhood: City Center
Neighborhood: City Center
Kamloops, Canada
“Good food, very noisy though”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

If you're looking for good pub grub and a cold beer during game time then this is the place for you. Personally I find the place way too noisy at times when they have all the TV's going at full volume, but that's just me. I really enjoy it there when it's quiet though!

Visited June 2012

Seattle, WA
“Not the place for steak”
Reviewed February 23, 2011

We visited Rocksalt in search of a great steak dinner, the menu items were on the expensive side, so we assumed the food would be terrific. The $27 ribeye was dry, the short ribs were tender and tasty, but served on top of a bed of soggy sweet potato fries. The fries should have be on the side, and they would have been perfect. The ribs were not served with a vegetable, and that just seemed stingy to me. The garlic mashed potatoes were great, as was the grilled Caesar salad. I think the key to this place is knowing what to order in advance. The drinks were very good.

• Visited February 2011
2 Thank Laleela
Eugene, Oregon
“Not a pleasant experience”
Reviewed August 13, 2010

Bar itself is in a vintage hotel and very nice. When we arrived around 7 PM there was only one other group at a table. They were not eating and we should have been forewarned. Still our waiter was cheerful. We ordered beer. I asked to try the Rocksalt beer and was told that it had been replaced by Budweiser. The beer choices were very limited. My wife and I ordered dinner. The salmon I ordered was way overcooked and the potatoes were cold. I recommend you try somewhere else. If you have a family I would recommend somewhere outside the downtown area. Atmosphere was downgraded due to having to watch the drunks going in and out of the liquor store next door.

Burns Lake, Canada
“Loved it.”
Reviewed August 4, 2010

Good food. Good beer. Good atmosphere. I'd recommend the lobster ravioli.

Kelowna
“Downtown Gem”
Reviewed June 29, 2010

Found this little Gem on the www.kamloopsnightout.com directory! Our waitress was awesome, food was fabulous, and it was a great place to visit some old friends! Highly recommend The Rock Salt rocks!!!