“Delicious meal and gorgeous scenery”

Hoodoos at Sun Rivers
Ranked #49 of 335 Restaurants in Kamloops
Cuisines: Grill, Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Beautiful views and rustic decor set the stage for an upscale casual dining experience, delectable meals and a superb selection of fine wines. We invite you to join us to experience our seasonally inspired menu where at the heart of each dish lies attention to detail and fresh and thoughtfully selected ingredients. We believe that you should love what you eat; our kitchen is your kitchen and we welcome menu modifications to suit your dietary needs. With a growing collection of cocktails, craft beer and a carefully selected wine program, the team at Hoodoos aims to deliver a memorable dining experience. Hoodoos offers scenic views of the City of Kamloops, while our private meeting room delivers the perfect atmosphere for any group event.
Edmonton, Canada
“Delicious meal and gorgeous scenery”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

We had a delicious dinner on the Hoodoos patio after a round of golf. The view from the patio was awesome. Highly recommend making a visit here when in Kamloops.

Visited May 2014

canada
“Could Have Been So Much Better”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We went out for our anniversary dinner last night. I wanted ribs, he wanted salmon. We checked out the menu online and, sadly, we chose Hoodoos. It had been at least two years since our last visit. Now I remember why. The wine list was outrageously expensive...twice what we pay elsewhere in town for a 1/2 litre. The Caesar Salad lacked flavour (and one crouton was actually doughy - yuck). My ribs were good but dry. They came with WAY too much very dry Basmati rice, 1 slice of carrot, 3 limp asparagus, and a bit of cauliflower. The only thing worse than cauliflower, IMHO, is cold cauliflower. More veggies! Less rice! Anything but cauliflower! My husband told me his salmon was very nice, but otherwise had the same complaints. Sorry Hoodoos...a great view doesn't make up for the rest.

PS I know the place was virtually empty except for us, but does the staff really have to line up along the bar and shout at each other? Very bad manners guys.

• Visited April 2014
4 Thank hank02
Penticton, Canada
“Great Restaurant”
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Very easy to locate connected to the Pro Shop on the Sun Rivers Golf Course. Situated on Kamloops Indian Band property just off the Yellowhead highway. Wonderful decor with a nice view. Excellent semi-private table set ups. More of a restaurant than a pub or after golf location. The three of us had an excellent breakfast at a reasonable price. Service was prompt and friendly. This was my second visit and I will return.

Visited April 2014
Logan Lake, Canada
“Birthday Bash”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

My kids asked us to come for dinner with them When we arrived the whole family and friends were there from all over the country. It was a great surprise and a great dinner.

• Visited April 2013
“We adore this place”
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I are still talking about the dry ribs they were so tender and delicious. He had the prime rib and loved it and I had the seafood duo which was also very good. We will have to return for the ribs. On another note, the wine we had "kung fu girl" was marketed for $50 dollars that's more than double then buying at the liquor store so next time we will just buy our own wine and pay the corking free for a fraction of the price. We also had a brownie for dessert it was just to sweet for our liking, it was chocolate on top of chocolate. We asked for the pana cotta first but our waitress secretly hinted to get something else because of the bad feedback which makes me wonder why they wouldn't replace it with something else if it wasn't good. But over all good service and amazing food.