“Birthday Bash”

Hoodoos at Sun Rivers
Ranked #70 of 339 Restaurants in Kamloops
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Beautiful views and rustic decor set the stage for an upscale casual dining experience, delectable meals and a superb selection of fine wines. We invite you to join us to experience our seasonally inspired menu where at the heart of each dish lies attention to detail and fresh and thoughtfully selected ingredients. We believe that you should love what you eat; our kitchen is your kitchen and we welcome menu modifications to suit your dietary needs. With a growing collection of cocktails, craft beer and a carefully selected wine program, the team at Hoodoos aims to deliver a memorable dining experience. Hoodoos offers scenic views of the City of Kamloops, while our private meeting room delivers the perfect atmosphere for any group event.
Logan Lake, Canada
“Birthday Bash”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

My kids asked us to come for dinner with them When we arrived the whole family and friends were there from all over the country. It was a great surprise and a great dinner.

• Visited April 2013

“We adore this place”
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I are still talking about the dry ribs they were so tender and delicious. He had the prime rib and loved it and I had the seafood duo which was also very good. We will have to return for the ribs. On another note, the wine we had "kung fu girl" was marketed for $50 dollars that's more than double then buying at the liquor store so next time we will just buy our own wine and pay the corking free for a fraction of the price. We also had a brownie for dessert it was just to sweet for our liking, it was chocolate on top of chocolate. We asked for the pana cotta first but our waitress secretly hinted to get something else because of the bad feedback which makes me wonder why they wouldn't replace it with something else if it wasn't good. But over all good service and amazing food.

Revelstoke, Canada
“Ups and downs”
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

It's a great location with a good view, but the service is slow. We went for lunch on a Wednesday and we waited 10 minutes to be seated, even though they only had 5 tables being served. After ordering, the starter was brought out at the same time as our entrées, making it hard to enjoy the food while hot. It was good food though.

• Visited February 2014
Fort St. John, BC
“Consistant poor service”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We have been to this restaurant 3 times, 3 times with different people. All 3 times we were ignored, and the servers seemed vague to no knowledge of their menu or how to make drinks. The second time we came back was to give them a second chance and the view of the city is absolutely incredible at night. In spite of the decor, this place has no atmosphere…the staff makes the customers feel like we are putting them out by interrupting their chat sessions by the bar. On our 3rd visit…my husband and I went against our will, but the people we were with wanted to go so we went. We weren't surprised by the consistent poor service. While we were seated immediately, nobody came to take our drink order let alone our food order probably for about 20 minutes. When our server finally came to our table, she asked if we were good with just water (this was at 7 pm…what party of 5 adults want to just drink water at supper???)??? It will take a pretty great promo to get us to ever come back!!!

• Visited January 2014
“Wonderful outdoor patio”
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant exceeded my expectations. The server provided us with samples of the wine they have to choose from. Our appy was delicious my boyfriend and I had the bruschetta. and I choose the hoodoos chicken for my main course, however I feel that the chicken could have had more stuffing inside so it had some sort of consistency,and the mash potato was seasoned well. Over all great experience and great view

• Visited July 2013