“My second home.”

Ranked #15 of 55 Hotels in Kamloops
kelowna
“My second home.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

I have been staying at the Mavrick for the past month for work, this is my second home and have had a very good stay. The rooms are very clean and comfy. It has a pool and hot tub, plus a slide for the kids. The staff is always there to help me with anything I need and the location is close to food and shopping. They welcome you with a big smile and offer a free breakfast. There is awesome wifi so I could always facetime the family :) Thank you so much Mavrick. I recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Kamloops. Great price great atmosphere.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
PATRICK P, Owner at Maverick Motor Inn, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post this delightful review.

I am very pleased that your room was clean and comfy and that you feel like this is your 2nd home.

We are very fortunate to be in a great location, close to shopping and other amenities and we work hard to provide a pleasant atmosphere for all travellers including business, family and couples travelling to the Kamloops area.

My front desk team strives to make every guest feel at home from the time they arrive to the time they carry on with their travels.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel and for your recommendations to others. We truly appreciate it.

Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
West Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

I have stayed at the Maverick Motel in Kamloops, BC for several weeks as I find it is well maintained, has great customer service, and wonderful staff. I am working in the Kamloops area for several weeks and needed a centrally located Motel that is convenient an close to services. The rooms were lovely, very clean and the service was prompt and wonderful.

I would recommend the Maverick Motel to anyone who is staying in the Kamloops area, as I feel it has been a very pleasant experience and will continue to stay here in the future. I am here yearly for several weeks and they have never let me down.

Room Tip: I had no trouble sleeping at anytime, and I am a troubled sleeper. I was on the parking lot side and...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
PATRICK P, Owner at Maverick Motor Inn, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to sign up for trip advisor in order to post this excellent review.

It is always great to be able to welcome back guests year after year and to have them become friends. We appreciate the recommendation to your friends and family. There is no higher confidence in a hotel than sending others to stay as well.

I am always very proud of my housekeeping team when it comes to the cleanliness of the rooms. My front desk team strive to make every guest experience a pleasant one for every guest.

Thank you again for reviewing our hotel. See you soon.

Kelowna
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

I have stayed at the Maverick multiple times and it is always consistently great!! I work in Kamloops and have tried other hotels, but nothing ads up to the quality and cleanliness of the Maverick. It is by far the best place to stay in Kamloops for the price.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
PATRICK P, Owner at Maverick Motor Inn, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post this marvellous review.

The perfect score says it all and your kind comments are most welcome. It makes me very proud of my team when I see compliments like yours; it truly encourages them to keep up the good work.

I look forward to your next visit when your travels bring you back to Kamloops.

Princeton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

This is my 3rd time staying here. The staff is always exceptionally nice. The pool is nice and warm and stays open late. Movies are available to rent. The rooms are clean.
It's a little dated but no big deal. No complaints from me :)

• Stayed April 2014
PATRICK P, Owner at Maverick Motor Inn, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

It's always very gratifying when a repeat guest takes the time to tell the world about us.

My front desk and housekeeping team were very happy and thank you for recognizing their efforts. I am very glad you always enjoy your stay. The movies are always a big hit as we keep them inexpensive and have a wide variety.

I am glad that you enjoyed the pool facility; it is a great way to relax and wind down.

Our renovation progress is always ongoing. We recently finished our bathroom and vanity areas with new floors and granite countertops with under-mount sinks and we will soon be looking at our bed spreads and curtains.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Thank you again for this kind review.

Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

I recently stayed at the Maverick hotel for one night and was very pleased with my stay. Words can not express the stay we experienced at this Hotel...Thank you Anuu and the rest of the outstanding helpful staff...i am impressed by the charm and the quality of the service of the staff working there . They pay attention to every small details with a big smile .
The Hotel has some character . It is very clean . The waterside and pool were nice. Breakfast could have been better. But, The food at restaurant next door was awesome.
We will stay again

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
PATRICK P, Owner at Maverick Motor Inn, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to post this very nice review.

I am always very proud of my front desk team, especially when they have such a positive influence on guest experiences here at the Maverick. Good job Anu.

I am glad that you enjoyed our hotel's character, including the pool, hot tub and waterslide. My housekeeping team always does their best to keep our hotel very clean which adds to the comfortable experience.

We have been very fortunate to have the Beijing Restaurant located at our property as they provide exceptional quality food.

With our continental breakfast, we have chosen our items carefully to keep the room costs affordable.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

My wife and I have stayed at the Maverick twice in the last couple of years, and I've re-booked for next week. Perched on the hill coming in from the North, the motel offers sweeping views of the city in the bowl below. Though "right across the street" from the big Aberdeen Mall, it's a very WIDE street. Walk it only if you're in good shape. All of the big box stores are no more than five minutes by car, as are a dozen restaurants from low-end McD, to mid-range White Spot and Mario's, to high-end Riki's for a good steak. Hospital is five minutes away straight down the hill . Two large liquor stores nearby. The rooms are well-maintained, with everything you'd expect, including flat-screen TV and very comfortable beds. There's WiFi in your room and if you don't have your computer with you, there's one for guest use in the lobby. The staff go the distance to meet your special requests. My only (mild) complaint is the breakfast, which is basic. With many of their competitors laying out downright lavish, full breakfasts, this is one area were the otherwise excellent Maverick could look to improve.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Clark C
PATRICK P, Owner at Maverick Motor Inn, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Thank you for reviewing the Maverick Motor Inn. It means a lot to us when a Top Contributor like you takes the time to leave such a detailed review.

I am very glad that you enjoy the city views and our well maintained, clean, comfortable, updated rooms. I agree, the Maverick Motor Inn is fortunate of its location offering short driving distances to major areas in Kamloops. The team at the hotel enjoy providing the best service they can. It is rewarding when guests like you acknowledge their hard work, the team says Thank You!

As for the breakfast, we have chosen our items carefully and limiting it to toast, cereal choices, fruit salad, muffins, bagels, oatmeal, coffee, tea, milk, orange and apple juice to keep the room costs affordable.

I believe in providing a quality product at an affordable rate year round, therefore our free continental breakfast is basic. Our competitors may produce a "lavish" breakfast but their rates are higher to cover the cost.

I look forward to welcoming you back next week when you return to Kamloops.

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

perfect hotel for short stay, clean and friendly, as long as they keep the price down then the value will attract customers, at $ 70 to $ 75 It is good value , after that there are plenty to choose from.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Jean G
PATRICK P, Owner at Maverick Motor Inn, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post this review.

It is a privilege to have a repeat guest like you to see the changes from the years and acknowledge the Maverick as a perfect hotel for a short stay.

I am glad that you take advantage of our corporate rate for single travellers through our winter and fall season.

We look forward to seeing you next time you travel to Kamloops.