“Clean and spacious” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 55 Hotels in Kamloops
Whaley Bridge, United Kingdom
“Clean and spacious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

We spent one night at the Maverick and found our room to be clean and spacious. The bed was comfortable and the location of the hotel is really handy as it is just off the highway. There is a Chinese restaurant just a few strides from the hotel and there are plenty of shops close by.
The breakfast was good and the staff were friendly and helpful - giving us information about routes for our onward journey which proved to be valuable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PATRICK P, Owner at Maverick Motor Inn, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this nice review. It is always a pleasure to have a Top Reviewer like you, contribute such nice comments about us to the Tripadvisor community.

I am very pleased that you found your room clean, spacious and comfortable and that you enjoyed your free breakfast.

My team was especially pleased to be mentioned as friendly and helpful and mentioned that they hope the rest of your trip was pleasant.

Thank you again for reviewing our property, I look forward to welcoming you back when your travels return you to the Kamloops area.

Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Victoria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

This is a reasonably priced motel with family friendly amentities and a basic FREE continental breakfast. The room was a good size and CLEAN!! The beds were comfortable. I was on the freeway side of the building and the minimal noise did not affect my sleep. The beds were comfortable and had plenty of pillows. We made good use of the fridge and DVD/VHS player in our room. The pool and water slide was the highlight for my children. They played till exhaustion. I enjoyed a nice soak in the jacuzzi. The breakfast in the morning was minimal but hey....its still breakfast. The one thing I found odd was the canned fruit salad.....why not offer whole FRESH fruit instead? Check in and check out was friendly and efficient. The only thing holding this place back from a perfect stay is the fact there wasn't a workout area. Oh well!!! The pool was great fun instead! Thank you for a great stay! We'll be back!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PATRICK P, Owner at Maverick Motor Inn, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post this excellent review.

I am very happy that you found your room spacious, clean and comfortable. It is great that your children managed to wear themselves out in our pool area and that you enjoyed yourself as well.

It always makes me proud of my staff when guests like you say such nice things about them.

The breakfast is set up to keep the room rate affordable and to keep food waste to a minimum. It is difficult to predict how much of anything will be eaten on a daily basis therefore after much thought; I have found that the Grade A canned fruit seems to work the best. As for the workout area, as we are a small hotel, we do not actually have a space to put it in without doing a major renovation to our building and that just isn't in our budget at this time.

Thank you again for giving us this great review. I look forward to welcoming you back next time you come to Kamloops.

Quesnel, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

This was the second time my wife and I have stayed at this little gem. The staff is professional and friendly. The rooms are very clean and comfortable, and an excellent value. This is our new go to spot whenever we're stopping in Kamloops.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this excellent review.

The perfect score and the "gem" comment say it all.

I am so pleased that you found my team professional and friendly and that you room was clean and comfortable. We do try to live up to "Quality that's Affordable".

Thanks again for making us your "go to spot" when you come to Kamloops. I look forward to your next visit.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

We stayed here with our two teenagers for one night on our way from Jasper to Vancouver. I was expecting the hotel to be very average because of the low room rate. We were pleasantly surprised to find the room very spacious for four people. It was very clean, beds were comfortable and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The pool, water slide, hot-tub and included breakfast were an added bonus. The location was great, right next to the highway but still very quiet. The Aberdeen mall is right across the road and there are number of well priced restaurants close by to choose from. I would definitely stay here if i am ever passing by this way again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
The perfect score says it all. Thank you for posting this wonderful review of our property.

My team and I love to surprise guests with great value for your money; like the nice, spacious, clean, comfortable rooms, the pool, hot tub and waterslide and continental breakfast. I am very pleased that you had a pleasant experience and a good night's sleep.

We all hope your travels here in Canada were pleasant and look forward to welcoming you back if you ever happen to pass this way again.

Parksville, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Never been to Kamloops before, did not know what to expect but trusted in the review research I did. All was as mentioned. We had a big, very clean room, really comfortable beds, good quality bedding, and a great shower! Thanks for a super shower head, as this is my favourite time of day....a hot,pounding shower! Ladies on the desk at check in and out were cheerful, informative and fun to chat with....well done. Had dinner at the Chinese restaurant adjacent to the motel, and was surprised to see so many young Chinese men at a number of large tables, so thought the food must be pretty good. Turns out it is the Chines National Speed Skating Team, and they stay in Kamloops for 3 months for training, and have been doing so for 6 years! Who would have guessed! The food was awesome. This is a great value and a delightful place to lay your head during your travels.

Room Tip: Our room had a beautiful view of the valley, and at sunset.....awesome.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PATRICK P, Owner at Maverick Motor Inn, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Welcome to Kamloops. Thank you for taking the time to post your review on our property.

I am very happy that my team helped make your stay memorable. They always do their best to be welcoming and cheerful with all guests. They wanted me to thank you for your compliments and hope that the rest of your trip went well.

It is great that you found your room big, clean and comfortable and that the shower exceeded your expectations. You are very welcome.

We did have the opportunity to accommodate the Chinese National Speed Skating team during their time in Kamloops. We wish them well in Sochi. (Of course, we are cheering for Canada first).

The Beijing Restaurant has been here for a couple of years now and we have always been happy with their food, quality and service.

Thank you again for your wonderful review. I look forward to welcoming you back when you next return to Kamloops.

Victoria B.C.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

We travelled through Kamloops on our way to Canmore and decided to stop early and enjoy Kamloops as I was born there. We did a lot of research and decided on the Maverick Motor Inn. We didn't book ahead as we knew we would be in early and also, to be honest, we were worried that because of the reasonable cost it might not be suitable. We were pleasantly surprised to find it easily and that it looked lovely. A very pleasant, helpful desk clerk named Laine checked us in and we were delighted to be in a well appointed room overlooking the valley and Thompson River. Comfy beds with lovely linens and very nice size, and a large screen T.V. Laine went out of her way to explain how to get to get to Riverside park as we wanted to enjoy a walk. We checked out the adjacent restaurant which looked very nice but we decided on a Joeys Only fish and chip dinner as we don't have one in Victoria. We will certainly try the restaurant next time .We made use of the pool and jacuzzi which were very clean. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and want to say thanks again to Laine who was so helpful. There was a gentleman on the desk who was very pleasant as well but I didn't get his name .Kudos to the owners and staff who made our stay a pleasant one.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for this excellent review.

As I write this response, Laine is very flattered that you remembered her. She says "Thank you for your kind words and compliments".

I am very glad that you found your room well appointed and your stay comfortable. I'm sure Kamloops has changed a little since you lived here and we are fortunate that we have such a spectacular view of the city.

I am sorry that our low prices made you nervous about staying with us. We do try to be "Quality That's Affordable". It always thrills me and my team when we can have such a positive impact on a guest's experience.

I look forward to welcoming you back next time your travels bring you to Kamloops.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was totally not what we were expecting for the great rates that they offer. We thought It would be some little mom and pops place on the side of the road. When we arrived at the hotel we were pleasantly surprised to find a very clean hotel,the front desk staff were friendly and helpful. The room was super clean, quiet and the beds were so comfy. Also having breakfast included is a great bonus. Great job to everyone who works here! I will recommended this hotel to everyone I know. And We will for sure be back again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank happytrails7179
Thank you very much for this excellent review.

My team and I are always happy to offer this kind of nice surprise and we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay in your large, comfortable room and that every aspect of your stay surpassed your expectations.

Rest assured my team and I will keep surprising guests with affordable quality and outstanding service.

Thank you again for your kind words and compliments. My team was especially thrilled to be recognized by a Senior Reviewer, such as you, for all the hard work they all do on a daily basis.

I look forward you welcoming you back soon.