“Just adequate”

Ranked #15 of 55 Hotels in Kamloops
Denver
“Just adequate”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Clean, inexpensive, nothing to rave about as far as furnishings were concerned but it had a fridge, decent beds. It was a bit shabby. Our room did havebig windows with nice a view of beautiful (?) Kamloops. I think I'd look for another place to stay if I were ever in Kamloops again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
PATRICK P, Owner at Maverick Motor Inn, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for remembering us so long after your stay last August.

I'm glad you found the room clean, the beds comfortable and that you enjoyed the view of Kamloops.

I'm not sure what you mean by "shabby", as that description is very vague it does not provide a direction for upgrading.

We at the Maverick value all guest recommendations and suggestions as they assist the process of continually improving our product and services. As you know, improvements to any hotel take place all the time. I have had the pleasure of updating our rooms and the property which has been an ongoing process.

Safe Travels

Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Toulouse
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stayed here while enroute from Vancouver to Banff and back again. We basically just wanted somewhere decent value to stay for the night. We went for this one as it was a similar price to other hotels in the city but had a pool with a slide. However when we got there and checked out the pool it didn't look particularly clean or inviting so we didn't end up using it in the end. The place for fine for a quick stop-over as it is just off the main motorway, plenty of restaurants nearby and a Walmart just down the road. Breakfast was really basic but was fine for a quick bite to eat before hitting the road. The staff were friendly so I'd have no problem staying again if I was ever passing through again. Very good price and lovely view over the city first thing in the morning.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank adventureplease37
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I'm very glad you found my staff friendly, the view lovely and the price met your needs.

I am sorry you thought the pool was not as clean as it should have been. We do monitor and maintain the pool facility daily; therefore I am surprised at your comment. I do appreciate the feedback and I am looking into the matter.

I look forward to your next visit.

Cariboo
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I find myself booking at the Maverick yet again...good location, fun pool, hot tub and waterslide, cannot beat the price and just enough breakfast to get us going in the morning. But best of all is that it is always very clean!! The girls at the front desk are always very accommodating and friendly too!

Room Tip: I always request a room on the city view side, as the traffic can be noisy on the highway side.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank ChrisDCariboo
PATRICK P, Owner at Maverick Motor Inn, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Welcome back, and thank you for taking the time to review the Maverick.

I am very pleased that you had a great time utilizing all our amenities. I agree that the Hotel location is great, as guest enjoy the easy access to all the main roads around Kamloops.

We do pride ourselves on offering great service and clean, affordable accommodations. It is always great to pat my team on the back for their daily efforts.

Thank you again for the opportunity to let the Maverick take care of your needs.

I look forward to your next visit.

Williams Lake, Canada
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We had never stayed here before and were a little concerned based on the very reasonable price. The rooms were large and clean. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The restaurant next to the hotel was very good. The only so so points were the water slide which my son said was not very smooth and the continental breakfast was very basic. Having said that for the price it was overall an excellent experience,

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Cooper235
PATRICK P, Owner at Maverick Motor Inn, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on the Maverick Motor Inn.

I am pleased that you found your room clean and comfortable and that my staff were able to provide an excellent experience for you at a reasonable price.

Yes, I do offer a basic complimentary breakfast. To offer a well priced accommodation and amenities I have to offer a limited selection of breakfast items. I feel we do cover a basic breakfast with cereal choices, fruit salad, muffins, bagels, toast, oatmeal, coffee, tea and juices provided in our spacious banquet room.

I look forward to welcoming your family back in the near future.

Vanderhoof, Canada
Reviewed February 4, 2013

THe hotel is clean and the rooms are big, but not a teen friendly hotel at all! In the first 5 minutes the lady at the front desk threatened to kick the girls out if they disobedied the pool, slide and hot tub rules. SHe repeated to threaten them, I pulled her aside and had to find out if she was kidding otherwise we would be leaving before we even checked in! The staff are not teenager friendly at all! Not a place to bring your team. The complimentary breakfast isn't enough for them either. mini muffins, toast, canned fruit & cold cereal. No fresh fruit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
PATRICK P, Owner at Maverick Motor Inn, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts. I am glad that you enjoyed our clean spacious rooms.

I am sorry that you felt our hotel is not team friendly. With our pool facility all teams/groups are informed at check in our safety and policy regulations. Yes, we do mention that if our regulations are not followed we will evict individuals or teams/groups from the pool facility.

The pool policy regulation ensures the safety and respect to other guests as they use the same facility. If individuals are not following the safety and policy we ask the individual to stop, if it continues we will have to prevent them from having access to the pool facility. This action insures the remaining guests or team/group members who are using the facility are safe.

I would like to mention that we had no major problems with your team in the pool facility maybe because at check in we outlined the safety and policy regulations. I do apologize that you may have been offended with this process but it is for the safety of your team and other guests.

I would like to confirm if the front desk agents acknowledges or are informed that when a guest, team or group issue arises that may affect other guests the situation is addressed immediately to minimize any disturbances. For example when your team played loud music from one of your rooms which may have caused problems for other surrounding guests the front desk agents asked to keep the music down, it was addressed ASAP.

The free continental breakfast is a complimentary amenity that I offer to all our guests. For our hotel to offer an affordable rate, which you enjoyed we have to limit our breakfast selection. As you mentioned most of our breakfast selection we do not limit the quantity. I feel we can provide a clean affordable accommodation with all our amenities and have guests make the choice from their accommodation saving to get additional breakfast elsewhere as they travel on.

Unfortuntley, we as a hotelier have to set guidelines and policies to ensure all guest have a pleasant stay.

British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Kamloops has an abundance of hotels and motels, which are mostly needed in the summer months, It is an overnight destination for the Rocky Mountaineer rail tour, and is the tournament capital of Canada.
I had to stay in Kamloops last week because of a blizzard, and tried sevral places before I found the Maverick.
The Maverick is great! It is easy to reach from the highway. It is clean, modern, spacious and is very quiet at hight.
There is a great pool for the kids, with a waterslide, and the continental breakfast is really good and plentiful.
The staff are helpful and cheerful.
Great!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Nicolaman
PATRICK P, Owner at Maverick Motor Inn, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your travels to post this glowing review.

I am so pleased that a senior reviewer and well travelled person like you; chose to stay with us and enjoyed yourself in spite of the bad weather.

Another pat on the back to my staff, who are always trying their best to make sure all guests are happy.

I look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to Kamloops.

Victoria, Canada
Reviewed December 23, 2012

The staff were friendly, helpful and nice. The rooms are big and clean. The pool is well maintained and the waterslide is a hit with kids. Fair price. There was a decent breakfast included and the Chines restaurant next door was good(HUGE portions and it lasted 2 days so order less)Highly recommend

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank chante00
PATRICK P, Owner at Maverick Motor Inn, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on the Maverick Motor Inn.

It is gratifying that your experience here was pleasant. This is what we strive for with every guest.

The Beijing Restaurant was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your meal.

Thank you for the recommendation as well.