“Dropped in for Drinks”

Old Settler Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We showed up on a Friday night looking for something to do in Harrison on a Friday night. We happened upon the Old Settlers Pub. We asked for a table for 2, but the pub was full due to a fundraiser, as the nice guy at the front was giving suggestions of other places to go to a couple was leaving and said we could have their table, so in we went. We stayed for 1 20oz beer each and watched the action of the fundraiser. We would of stayed longer but felt a little out of place due to not knowing anyone and everyone in there knowing each other. But the place had character and a large menu. Lots of screens with sports. We went back the next day scoping out somewhere to watch the UFC fights but they were not showing them, otherwise we would have gone back...

There are newer reviews for Old Settler Pub

Reviewed September 23, 2012

At first, nothing stood out to me on the menu, so I decided to try the salmon burger. It blew me away. Hands down, it was the best salmon burger I've ever had. Not only that, but my friends and I taste tested each other's food and it was all amazing. I'm not sure you could go wrong there!

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I've been to this pub before, a few years ago and remembered it to be great food and great service. I was proven wrong unfortunately.

We were there on both Friday evening and Saturday afternoon and both days were a total disaster. Friday night there was a private party booked in, which was fine, but for the regular patrons it would have been nice to know that the kitchen was behind and all the waitresses on staff were overloaded. We waited almost an hour for our food. I had soup which was basically salt in a cup, my better half had the ribs and the ribs themselves were good, his potato was most likely cooked the day before and had time to rubberize under a heat lamp. Veggies on his plate were way overcooked as well.

We did have a friendly waitress, Deanna, and that was the only saving grace of that night. When friends came up to meet us the next day for lunch (we are not local but do live in a neighboring town) we decided to go there and give it another try.

Wrong decision! The waitress we had the next day was not friendly and a little snippy. Of the 4 orders, 3 were wrong. It was not busy that afternoon, maybe writing things down would have been a better choice. The attitude that was given to us was almost like it was our fault the orders were wrong. When I asked about a substitution upcharge, I was asked by the waitress "Oh, so why do you think you should NOT pay for that?"

Regardless, the service was TERRIBLE that day, the food was wrong and when it was corrected none of us felt we had any value for our dollar. This is very saddening, as I had always had good recommendations and memories of the pub being above average in service and quality and for two days in a row I was proven so very wrong.

We go to this town quite often. We will NEVER go back to this pub, and that is so unfortunate. It could be so much more.

2  Thank Aly B
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Staff were nice and welcoming. The wings were good, the drinks were cold. It had an quaint feel to it.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

We loved the food and the friendly staff. We also met some nice people here. No complaints at all. We hope to be back soon.