“Great lunch”

Muddy Waters Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We are a family run cafe that uses fresh local produce to create a different dinning experience.From locally roasted coffee to cheeses from the Agassiz farm house. We try to serve that 100 mile menu.
Reviewed February 9, 2014

This is a great place for lunch or coffee. It also serves breakfast items, but we were there for lunch and did not try any of the breakfasts. The cafe is not huge so you may have to watch your timing in order to find a table to sit at and it seems to be very busy through the day. We had a variety of sandwiches, salads and soup. I did not have the soup, but my friends said it was good but not remarkable. The sandwich and salad combinations that a few of us ordered were really good. My friend had duck and I had the shrimp and they were delicious. The salads came with strawberries, blackberries, apple slices and nuts with a nice mix of lettuce and a delicious dressing. I enjoyed every bite. Quantities were not huge but were just right for us. We saw delicious looking food delivered to other tables as well. We all agreed that this was a great place for lunch.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Had a couple of lattes and a mocha there. The breakfasts looked good. Good location across from beach

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Ideally situated on the lake front this small café offers nice food and coffee at reasonable prices. We have found the service to be friendly.

Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Recommended by a local, we decided to check out this small cafe for lunch. Nice casual, cozy yet clean/modern ambiance.

Best brie/pear sandwich and delicious potato with salmon and bacon soup combo.

Good cafe latte too!

Menu is handwritten on the blackboard walls, which is kind of neat looking.

2  Thank Stringbeano
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Muddy Waters is a place not to miss. Richard provides meals with a difference...real home cooking with quality, mostly locally sourced, fresh ingredients. You can't get better than that.
I had the pulled pork sandwich...the best I ever had. Not too much sauce and a little bit of a kick with the coleslaw...perfection! Along with it I had the cauliflower soup...yum. My partner had the shrimp sandwich which he was very happy with. While I wasn't going to have a dessert, I spied pumpkin pie on the counter, and it did not disappoint. The filling was truly light and silky with great pastry.
My only problem with this restaurant is that it is not closer to where I live!

1  Thank suzabella60