“Walk right past this place!”

Lakeview Restaurant
South Surrey
“Walk right past this place!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

In all of our years of ordering breakfast while traveling this has to be the worst! With sincerity and concern for patrons I'm being honest about our experience. My husband ordered a meal that consisted of french toast with your choice of meat and style of eggs. I ordered french toast with bacon. When we received our meal there was a distinct odor of what I will say was old cooking oil or something of the like. Our meals were undercooked and only barely warm. You could see where the egg had not quite made it across the bread and the so called meat/bacon didn't even look real. In fact, it was like pulling on rubber to eat it. Two bites into my toast I told the waitress mine was cold and my husband said the same but since he was so hungry he opted to just eat the unappetizing eggs etc. He too opted not to eat his french toast. When my meal returned exactly as I had received with the same bites out of it only slightly hotter the waitress said, "Sorry but this is the style of our french toast." I said, "This isn't about the style this is about it being cooked and hot." It was not busy at all, only three tables with people ordering, maybe that should have been a sign. They provide on each table Aunt Jemima syrup in its store bought container which looks tacky enough and I suppose that they are trying to do everything on the cheap. Within an hour both my husband and I were being reminded constantly of our meal, not in a good way. If this place hasn't been health inspected, it should be and I would fire the cook! Please head the warning, great view from the window which is nature made but what is made inside is not worth the price you will pay.

Chilliwack, Canada
“Plumber needed!”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

My husband and I brought his two sisters from the Ottawa area to Harrison for a visit. We decided to have lunch at the Lakeview Restaurant because of the view and it did not look too "pretentious" of a place. But, the service was slow - friendly though. The food was average. Unfortunately, there was a major problem with the plumbing and customers are asked to put ALL toilet paper into the waste basket, of course it smelled terrible in there because of this. Come on Lakeview Restaurant owners - HIRE A PLUMBER!

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Quickly lost our appetite............”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

We thought we would stop in for breakfast but quickly lost our appetite. Everything looks clean and tidy in the sitting area BUT they have waste cans for USED toilet paper. I think it would serve them well to hire a plumber. Found a great place for breakfast around the corner. Will not return.

Coquitlam, Canada
“Good view”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Good view, good service, but food overpriced. If you catch the breakfast buffet with the omelette chef, SHE is cool!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Laurel L
Kenmore, Washington
“Great fish and chips”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

The fish and chips are huge and shareable. Just get that and share and price isn't so bad. The other food was okay, but it highly recommend the fish and chips. The service was good too.
They have a discount coupon for this restaurant if you visit the visitors center in town.

• Visited August 2013