“Greasy Spoon”

Lakeview Restaurant
Reviewed January 26, 2013

While its right on the beach and the view is great, not much else is. I have never been so ashamed to have a restaurant that represents such a beautiful little town be available to our valued tourists. The bacon on my burger was rock hard. I ordered a coke and got a can. I opened it and then asked for a glass. My wife's fish and chips were greasy and unbeatable. To top it off the wait staff could barely speak English.

1  Thank NEILMAC264
There are newer reviews for Lakeview Restaurant

Reviewed January 9, 2013

The Breakfast Buffet, has had so many things removed from their options, that it is now definitely way overpriced.

2  Thank teshss
Reviewed December 30, 2012

You've tried so many buffet breakfasts and find them ho-hum - well do try the Lakeview Restaurant buffet and you will be pleasantly surprised! The selection is awesome and the pleasant servers offering a beverage selection will welcome you. And when we were there, Ken, the omelet maker was wonderful in terms of his omelet-making skill and pleasant demeanour. Thanks very much Ken!!

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I'm not too picky but the breakfast food was not great and overpriced for what we had. Husband ordered poached eggs and toast, I ordered the corn beef hash. The toast for both meals was barely browned and although I ordered sourdough it tasted the same as white bread, all the food was very bland. They did not time the meals well (my husband received his way in advance of mine) and he said the coffee was poor as well. We would have tried Chuck & Kitty's in the little "mall" had we eaten another breakfast out, or possibly the Lakeside Cafe at the Harrison Resort and paid a bit more. Options are a bit limited in the winter!

1  Thank chromedragon
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is the kind of place you go to when you are super hungry and don't care about the price but want an okay meal. I would spend my money elsewhere if you want better quality and value. It's just your standard beach type food - fish and chips, burger and fries, etc. But they did offer enchiladas and fajitas.
Typical frozen pattys, iceberg lettuce, one slice of tomato, etc. Skimpy and cheap. Diner type food I guess... but not priced that way.

2  Thank JRVAN