“Not so great”

Lakeview Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Maple Ridge District Municipality, British Columbia, Canada
“Not so great”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

It's way overpriced for just average food. Go somewhere else for better value.

Visited August 2011
4 Thank Tammy S

New Westminster, Canada
“Ridiculously expensive bad food”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Greasy spoon diner priced like a good restaurant, fish and chips was mushy. Chips were supposedly home made but obviously not and the kitchen didn't look very clean. also very hard to explain what we wanted as our server didn't seem to speak english

Visited March 2012
2 Thank Craig M
Vancouver, Canada
“Really great halibut”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

We were heading to Morgan's Bistro based on the reviews posted on Tripadvisor by others...but it was closed for the season. It was pouring so we ducked into the Lakeview. Definitely a diner atmosphere, which I often like (see my review of the Hilltop Cafe in Langley). Unfortunately, I didn't love this place. It was ok. I think if they had better fries (hand cut perhaps) I would highly recommend the halibut and chips, as the halibut was really, really good. We shared a caesar salad as well, which was fresh. The service was ridiculously fast - it wasn't busy - but I think our food came within 4 minutes of ordering...it was crazy. In any event, the server was friendly and the food was ok. I just wouldn't go back as I like a bit of a cozier feel, and this place didn't have it.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank BraveTrout
Edmonds, WA
“Better you should eat at a gas station!”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

The Lakeview Restaurant was crowded with late breakfast customers when we waited for a table, which should have been a good sign. Instead, both the food and the service were deplorable. The staff spoke only minimal English and we had difficulty communicating our order. We asked for "whole wheat toast" and the waitress kept asking "Brown?" As we waited for our food, one of the waitstaff brought a plate with an incorrect order back to the kitchen; we watched staff members eat food off this plate with their fingers. My eggs were overdone, the bacon was as limp as a shoe lace and the hashbrowns appeared to have been barely heated in a microwave rather than fried. Her cheese omelet was flat and overcooked. Coffee refills were hard to obtain and we asked for our check but had to go to the cashier in order to get it. The view of the lake is delightful but better you should see it from the promenade outside than to waste money in this restaurant.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank FatherSteve
“NEVER eat at this place. WORST meal in my life almost”
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Little open this time of year so not much choice in Harrison. I had the roast beef and it was worse than a bad TV dinner.
The sliced beef was straight out of the microwave and believe me subway sandwich beef tastes better. The mashed potatoe was smaller than two golf balls and when I questioned the waitress she said that was just the portion size. The microwaved veggies in a small pot were celery and carrots and hadnt been ruined as they were not cooked apart from microwaved.
This was a truly awful meal.
My sons had an oriental rice bowl with chicken which was plain boiled rice with chicken in teriaki with the same celery and carrots. This was not worth the money either, sad case that the owner was oriental and this dish was pathetic. The only good meal was the fish and chips that was fresh and tasty.
Morale of story. Eat carefully here. This is just a cafe and not restaurant.

1 Thank Trashercan