“Quality and contentment”
Review of The Copper Room

The Copper Room
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Dine and Dance to live entertainment nightly. Enjoy our Ala Carte or Chefs 3 Course menu.
Reviewed September 3, 2012

The staff were courteous and professional. Our room was clean, quiet and a lovely weekend getaway. The hot tubs, although busy, had a nice ambience.

There are newer reviews for The Copper Room

Reviewed August 23, 2012

I gave The Copper Room 4 stars because of our overall experience. My fiance took me here for my birthday dinner and it was a romantic evening for us. We went on a Sunday night, and were disappointed that they closed at 10pm. Of course they didn't rush us to leave, but the band stopped playing. We are in our mid-thirties but really enjoyed the band and dancing for a few numbers. They played songs that would appeal to an older crowd, but it was still fun.
The service was great. Our server Martin was on top of everything and took good care of us for the entire evening. The food is pricey but in a vacation town at the top hotel it's to be expected.
We ordered the prime rib with yorkshire pudding, mashed potatoes, and veg. The meat was good, but the pudding was a big flop (literally!). I grew up eating homemade yorkshire pudding so I'm well aware of what a good yorkshire should taste like. These were burned to a crisp on the outside, chewy, and hollow inside. Very disappointing. The mash were lumpy and the veg was ok. Great wine and yummy dessert of creme brulee.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

The room is really nice and the live music was good. We are well served but the menu is very old fashioned (roast chicken and primne rib) and even then not well plated. The pricing is so high as to be absurd. $38 for plain roast chicken???? Loved the resort hotel but I see us eating elsewhere when we stay again.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We have been to the restaurant in the past. They used to be very good. Used to have an excellent prime rib. Boy were we extremely disappointed when we went this year. The website AND when I telephoned, the desk said that they had a dress code. Last year when we came off our boat to have a meal, they would not let us in because we had shore wear on. This year we dressed to the nines. People next to us had shorts, runners, and sweatshirts on. I was pissed off about that. A million waiters milling around. Not ONE of them offered to get us more water or a glass of wine or what. Speaking of wine .... 2 choices for by the glass. That is ridiculous. The food was a joke. Watery chicken broth with some over cooked pieces of seafood comprised their Boullibase. What a joke. It was disgusting. I told them the wine was horrible. They still charged me for it even though I DID NOT drink it. They charged me for my meal even though I told them it was substandard. AND we were staying in the hotel paying their ridiculous prices. There were tourists walking through the area in their robes to the pool. Very gross, let me tell you. I WOULD NEVER recommend this dump to anyone.

2  Thank Alohagirl54
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Superb food and great atmosphere. The maitre'd wasn't overly friendly or cooperative but our waiter was superb and bent over backwards to contribute to a wonderful wedding anniversary dinner. The atmosphere was so good (and the band OK to good) it even got the husband out on the dance floor on a number of occasions (not an easy job). The highlight of our trip to Harrison!
One of the mysteries of the Harrison resort hotel is how the food can be so good in some locations (for example, the Copper Room) and so bad in others (I had an absolutely wretched chicken sandwich--the worst ever anywhere) in the bar on the main floor. The waiter there said they have a central kitchen for everything in the hotel but how does that explain disparities in the quality of what you receive in different locations?.