“One of the best trips i have ever had”

Harrison Beach Hotel
Reviewed August 21, 2012

The Harrison Beach hotel is most definitely the place to stay. The staff are very nice people and very helpful,I had a great room and a great view , The hotel was very clean, I liked how the beach was right across the street, I had alot of fun swimming and working out in the hotel i would most deninitely stay there again wonderful service.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Harrison Beach Hotel

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Stay at a suite with a balcony overlooking the lake and just relax! Lots to do around town but if you are like us and have been to Harrison numerous times and just want to have a quiet weekend, this is where you need to stay! People watching at its best and great area to walk your dog at dawn (if you are a morning person like me) just across the street. Grab a free coffee at the hotel reception and take in the early morning breeze with your dog or loved one!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We had a good 2-night stay - comfortable large room with a well-equipped kitchenette and a balcony looking out over the car park to the mountains. Well appointed and quiet. Only glitches - the tv didn't work the first night and we had to get a replacement and the guy on the desk took his time doing this (and to fix a lamp that needed it) He was a bit in the 'too cool and laid back to bother much' school of service , which is always unimpressive when that's what they're paid to do -whereas the 2 woman on the desk couldn't have been more efficient and pleasant. The setting riught across a small road to the lake is terrific. We ate at Morgans Bistro next door which was wonderful we thought. And Harrison Hot Springs is a charming little resort.

Room Tip: Negotiate a free parking place in thgeir lot if you can - $5 (which is what we were quoted) per day...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
TaraRyder, General Manager at Harrison Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Thank you for your review and comments they are appreciated. I have addressed the issue with the agent you dealt with in regards to your TV and apologize for the service you received. We have also corrected the issues we were experiencing with our new TV's. We hope this experience will not deter you from staying with us again in the future. Thanks again for your review...Tara Ryder General Manager

Reviewed August 14, 2012

I would NEVER stay at this hotel EVER again! This hotel is smelly, you can hear everyone beside you and above you, Management was the WORST! Thanks alot Harrison Beach hotel for making my family drive almost 2 hours to get here and ruin our vacation!! Your Pool is the worst, if I go to a Motel 6 with a pool, the pool would be so much better!
The room set up is really annoying, The King Bed is up against the wall facing the hallway (what were you thinking!!!) And why is the bathroom in the middle between the King Bed and the living room, Kitchen smelt musty and old. Next Day went down to the loby and asked to speek with a manager and was arguing for over 30 minutes!!!
Afterwads we gave up (we had a two night vacation) going over to the Harrison Hot springs Resort, and beeing told, sorry we are sold out! Everyone upset! So we left! Maybe you should think of guests as guests not just a bunch of people who are going to give you money, this hotel is rated #1 in Harrison, I belive that is Bull. What do you rate your own hotel just to make it #1. After seeing your Management and your staff I am 100% Convinced! Any Harrison Hotel would beat this hotel!
Thank You so much for such a bad time at your hotel!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank TedBear_12
TaraRyder, General Manager at Harrison Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

I am shocked to say the least at your review of our Hotel. I have been the General Manager here for over 2 years and have never had a complaint as horrible as this. I would like the opportunity to discuss your stay with us but am unable to do so as I do not know who you are. First off your depiction of our room lay out is incorrect we do not have any room types with the bathroom in between the king bed and living room. I actually thought you had posted to an incorrect property but, have been notified by Trip Advisor that this is not the case. I also do not recall having any arguments with anyone as I do not argue with my guests. If there is a problem I address it in a professional manner so I do not think you and I spoke. I also don't understand why you state you went to the Harrison Resort and Spa the next day and could not get a room and had to drive home, yet you post a review the same day thanking them for your stay? I can also assure you that we do not post reviews of our own for the Hotel. This is strictly against the rules and anyone who does so can lose their account with Trip Advisor. I am wondering myself if your review is indeed true...As I stated in the beginning I would very much like the opportunity to address your concerns personally and can be reached anytime either via email: generalmanager@harrisonbeachhotel.com or via phone at the Hotel: 1-866-338-8111. I do hope that you give me the opportunity to talk with you so I can rectify this situation.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

We decided to take off for the weekend and stayed at the Harrison Beach Hotel. The hotel is very clean, neat and the staff are awesome! We arrived at 1pm and asked for an early check-in. Even with an incident that happened in the morning, the staff were able to clean our room quickly and we checked in at 2:30pm.

When I saw where we were situated I thought at first: "Great!! right next to the elevator!" but surprisingly did not hear a thing and was not kept up by the elevator the entire night, like in other hotels. We had to call housekeeping for a blocked toilet from the guests before us. They were there in less than 5 minutes and dealt with it immediately.

We had a junior suite that overlooked the lake and from there could watch the dragon boat festival. It has a little kitchenette, so feel free to bring your own food if you so wish. It was quite busy with the festival during the day but once that was over, it was quite nice and relaxing taking a stroll in the evening. One thing though...take bug spray with you when you go during the summer months!! Mosquitos were ruthless!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AfricanQueen68
Reviewed July 9, 2012

htis hotel beats any in harrison and we have stayed at the there htestaff are so freindly and will do anything for you the rooms are spotless and the view is out of this world, one of our freinds said its like looking out at bannff but close to home thanks to the staff

Room Tip: ask for a balcony with a veiw corner suites are huge and lots of light
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 11, 2012

This Hotel is fairly new, located near the the lake. We had a room over looking the lake and beach area. It was clean and well appointed to suit our needs. Somewhat noisy until everyone settled in for the evening and again in the morning as everyone started their routines. The staff were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Mountain view rooms would be quieter as those facing the beach area are subject to road noise and th...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
The Royal Hotel
#4 of 9 in Chilliwack
Best Western Rainbow Country Inn
Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Spa
Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Sp...
#2 of 8 in Harrison Hot Springs

Been to Harrison Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!