“Wonderful night away”

Vancouver
“Wonderful night away”
Reviewed February 5, 2012

Booked a room at the Harrison Beach Hotel for a night away with my husband. The price was amazing and Harrison is a completely different place in the winter compared to the summer. The room we had overlooked the lake and the view was stunning. The room was clean and had everything we could have asked for.The staff were friendly and attentive. We enjoyed the outdoor hot tub and the pool would be very inviting on a hot day. Enjoyed our stay so much that we have decided to try and go back at least every 3 months.
Just a note; Harrison Hot Springs is very quiet in the winter and not everything is opened. I enjoyed this as the summer can be very busy but some people may find it too quiet.

Room Tip: Pay extra for the Lake view, its worth it.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Pitt Meadows, Canada
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Had a very lovely pet friendly room on the 4th floor with a view of the lake.

Room Tip: Not many places to eat there. Make sure to reserve at the Bavarian restaurant if you like to eat aro...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cynthia C
North Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed January 25, 2012

My husband and I were refferred to the Harrison Beach hotel by a friend, and upon arrival were pleased that our expectations had been exceeded. We were greeted by a friendly front desk staff man who checked us in in no time. We were located on the second floor, and were very happy with how spacious and clean our room was, and with how big our patio was; a great place to relax and enjoy the view from.
Will be back in the summer time! Can't wait for the beach!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Paula D
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed January 24, 2012

When booking this hotel I saw great reviews and so I decided to stay for 1 night with my boyfriend for my birthday. Once entering the room it was spacious however the first thing that I usually do is check the bed to see if their are any hair on them and their was more then a couple and also the bathtub had hair on it as well but we let that go. However when we checked the mini-fridge to store our food, fridge was I guess in the process of defrosting and so their was a puddle of water on the kitchen floor. I did not let the front desk know because it wasn't a big deal for us however if it was another guest then it might of been. Overall l enjoyed my stay, it was an extra to have a kitchenetter room, we didn't have the beach view however the beach was just steps away.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed January 13, 2012

My spouse and I had great anticipation our overnight holiday trip to Harrison. This was our first trip to there and we had only heard great word of mouth feedback about the town and its amenities. In booking with the Harrison Beach Hotel, we had asked about the hot spring pools. In response, we received and answer of “Yes, we have a pool” therefore we assumed that it was indeed what we asked for – a hot springs pool.

We spent the afternoon in the spa, where we experienced splendid treatments, before checking into our suite – #407. Upon arrival to the suite I had a sudden feeling of uncleanly surroundings. Opening the door to the long hallway before the room opened up was 4-5 carpet stains, and finger smudges on the walls. We overlooked this issue, and my spouse went downstairs to get our bags and ask for information about the hot spring pools. In his absence, I took my time inspecting the room and its features. I began to notice that most of the kitchenette dining wear was mismatched, and insufficiently provided, as well that the bedding was wrinkled and sagged. I began to inspect more closely, and found 4-5 hairs on pillows as well as within the sheets. I immediately phoned my spouse and told him what I had seen and to return to the room. In his response he claimed he would talk to the front desk, request a new room, and obtain the info on the hot springs pool.

He came back after and explained the front desk’s response. They would send the housecleaning to change the sheets, and that the hot springs pool required either a RV travel up the mountain, or available at the other hotel. This was information that did not sit well with me. We felt mislead when acquiring about the pools. If we had known that our desired hot springs were at a different location, we would of stayed there. In regards to the suite, we did not feel comfortable staying there due to inadequate cleaning.

I was unhappy with the response from the front desk, and went down myself and asked for a manager. I explained that I was not satisfied with the overall cleanliness of the room and requested to stay in another. Her response was, “ Is it not enough if we just change the sheets?” This response appalled me. It was evident that this management team was about making money, and not providing experience. I explained to the manager that it was not enough, and again requested another room. She then gave me a key to a different room, which ended up being the pet friendly room. Upon arrival into this room there was an intense smell of dog, and god knows what other animals. To top it off, behind the door was clumps of animal hair. I was absolutely disgusted. I then returned to the front desk and told the manager what I had seen in the offered room. She had no remorse, just shrugged and gave me back my old room key.

All-in-all, the hospitality at the Harrison Beach Hotel was of the worst I have ever had. There was no care, no offer to make things right (other than the bare minimum) and even when we asked to get our money back, were given the answer of “yes, but we must keep your deposit”.

It was an overall experience that held great anticipation, and was damaged by the management team and business principles. I do not appreciate spending my hard earned dollars on a business that does not appreciate me.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Charisma M
TaraRyder, General Manager at Harrison Beach Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2012
I am sorry you were disappointed with your stay at the Harrison Beach Hotel. You make some very valid points in your recap of your experience here and I apologize for the misleading conversation in regards to having a hot springs pool. I also would like to apologize for the bedding having hair on it. However, I was here that day and remember you and I did not say , “ Is it not enough if we just change the sheets?” I stated I would have someone come and change the sheets. At which point you stated there were other issues and you would rather be moved. To which I stated fine we will get you another room. I have never had any complaints in regards to the pet friendly suites smelling badly but, some people have a more sensitive sense of smell than others so I can’t say it didn’t smell. You told me you did not want the suite due to pet hair you found behind the door. We were quite full on this particular day and I did not have any other rooms to offer you aside from pet friendly. We actually pride ourselves on being one of the cleanest establishments in Harrison and get great guest feedback in regards to this so I am so very surprised that your suite was not clean enough to your standards. We did have a shortage of staff at this time and were much more busy than anticipated so perhaps some things did get missed or overlooked in your suite and I again I apologize. I have fully refunded your credit card today for the balance you paid for your stay here and I hope this is an acceptable recourse for you.

Tara Ryder
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed January 11, 2012

My girlfriend and I went to Harrison for a weekend and were recommended the Beach Hotel by a friend. The hotel is pretty new, nicely decorated and very clean. We had a water view room (right on the beach) and the view was spectacular! The staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful. A wonderful experience for us both. THANK YOU!

(ps - we found out later that we could have brought our dog too.)

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your positive feed back. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the future and of course your dog too!

Tara Ryder
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Had a fantastic package of two nights, two breakfast buffets & a dinner credit. Our room overlooked the lake, and wasnt our usual room we like to stay in but was still fantastic. Although the interior of the rooms are a little outdated, the lakeview, relaxed atmosphere, and hot springs are wonderful to enjoy any time of year. We will be back.

Room Tip: Lakeview East Tower are our favorites. A bit further from the pools but nice size and great view.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
#4 of 9 in Chilliwack
Hampton Inn By Hilton Chilliwack
Best Western Rainbow Country Inn
Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Spa
Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Sp...
#2 of 8 in Harrison Hot Springs
Harrison Spa Motel
Harrison Spa Motel
#3 of 8 in Harrison Hot Springs

Been to Harrison Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!