“Kind cool but dirty, smelly and small.”
Review of Bungalow Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Harrison Hot Springs
Bungalow Motel
Vancouver, Canada
“Kind cool but dirty, smelly and small.”
Reviewed August 20, 2010

Well, there is a free pool, near beach, decent location and the rooms are kinda fun. The only thing is that they could update the furnishings etc. with all the money they are making from the overpriced room rate. The rooms are priced adequately compared to others in vicinity but the rooms have not been updated for a very long time. There is an odor in the room and the showers etc. are not very welcoming. More of a camping like stay. Not horrible but stayed at the Spa Motel up the road for same price and was much cleaner and comfortable. If you want a cabin and camping style place and are not worried about all the creature comforts and cleanliness, then this place is pretty cool.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Capricious26

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Langley City, Canada
Reviewed July 29, 2010

We have been there every summer since 2008 and had nothing but a lovely time. My sister and her family went there for a family reunion and had a wonderful time. If you are wanting a 5 star exeperience you have to pay for it dont expect that here and then complain.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed June 13, 2010

After reading the other reviews i had to laugh at some of the comments regarding the old style and outdated appliances of the "rustic cabins"! HELLLLOO!!!!! the Bungalow Motel is advertised as rustic and the cabins are just that....cabins! I found the kitchen considerably more convenient and easier to cook on than a campfire, the beds were much better than sleeping in a bag on the ground, and the kids loved the adventure and freedom of the relaxed atmosphere!

If you are looking for a cabin with modern conveniences and newly decorated then head down the road to the harrison resort hotel where they have modern cabins with modern appliances and are newly decorated....naturally you won't mind the price at triple the rate of the bungalow hotel.

I would highly recommend this location to families who are looking for a great adventure at a modest price.

A quick note about the staff, they all took the time to make sure we were comfortable and happy, going above and beyond our expectations!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Sasha094
British Columba
Reviewed August 24, 2009

Although the staff was friendly enough. It did not make up for the floors that were not washed before we entered the room and the smell of the room was horrable. I purchased a candle to disguise the smell but it could not compete with the aroma lingering in the room. The room felt so dirty that even my small children did not want to remove their shoes. The cabins are in a wonderful scenic location but the interior has not been kept up at all. Our cabin sloped down as you walked to the washroom so it felt like you were slowly walking down a little hill. Its unfortunate that they charge so much money for a place that needs so many repairs. I unplugged my hair dryer and the whole outlet came out of the wall. One of the many things that were falling apart. I had a bad feeling when I walked up to the door and the number on the door was hanging upside down. First impressions were confirmed when we walked in and were hit with the smell...I would not stay there again and would not refer anyone there unless I knew they had updated the rooms. By the way...there is a complimentary bottle of febreeze left behind by the cleaning staff..

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank lovinthesun_9
vancouver
Reviewed July 27, 2009

Do not stay here. It may look cute on the outside but not on the inside. We didn't want to take our shoes off for fear of what the carpet held. I would have gladly spent a few dollars more and stayed at the resort hotel down the road. Needs to be renovated on the inside (at least change the 30 year old carpet). They certainly are not putting the money they charge towards any updates at this place.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank lazysuzy16
Toronto
Reviewed July 24, 2009

It was perhaps the worst accommodation I have experienced. There was a musty smell. One of the elements on the gas stove did not work and the others let off a gas smell unlike other gas stoves I have used. The fold out couches were old and the mattresses very uncomfortable. The light fixtures in the bathroom did not have covers. The drain in the shower was a hole with no cover. Just every thing was poorly done. What a mistake!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank TrinityJones17
delta, BC
Reviewed September 18, 2007

My husband and I planned our wedding last year at the Bungalow Motel. We went to see them beforehand so we knew what to expect. We really enjoyed our stay, staff was pleasant and accomodating. We rented all of the cabins for the weekend so our family could stay with us and we had a great time. We had our ceremony in the grassy area in front of the ice cream shop with a view of the beach. We really enjoyed ourselves and most of our guests as well. A couple guests weren't very impressed by the rooms but my husband deemed these people as "particular" people in nature. As the ad goes "if you aren't picky about color..." We are not over particular people, as long as it is clean and affordable we are okay. It is the most affordable we found at Harrison Hot Springs as well. The kitchens were stocked well with pots, etc. and we liked the rustic, cabin style. It was great renting all of them and all of our family being close together. A great idea for a reunion as well. My husband and i plan to revisit just the two of us for our wedding anniversary. The last time we drove by as well it looked like they had been doing some renovations, which I will know soon enough after going there again. I recommend to a family or cost conscious people. I have seen many other families really enjoy themselves there.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Beds seemed a little old and need for upgrade.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrison Hot Springs
The Royal Hotel
The Royal Hotel
#4 of 9 in Chilliwack
Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Spa
Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Sp...
#2 of 8 in Harrison Hot Springs
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,430 reviews
Harrison Spa Motel
Harrison Spa Motel
#4 of 8 in Harrison Hot Springs

Been to Bungalow Motel? Share your experiences!