“Food was fine.”

The Hungry Chef Pizzas & Craft Beer
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Nestled in the heart of picturesque Harrison Hot Springs, British Columbia, The Hungry Chef Pizzeria and Craft Beer Eatery, a family run business, prides itself in providing guests with a memorable experience inside our inviting dining room, or on our covered, heated outdoor deck. From preparing our own dough to using local vendors from the region, our commitment is to deliver great tasting pizzas in a warm and inviting West Coast inspired wooden decor.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This restaurant had a sign out front, touting it's culinary success. It had just recently opened for the season and appeared to be renovated; the interior was done up quite nicely. I would have preferred to see some plants or features to break up the space, as it was all one open area.
The food was good but not amazing - specifically the pasta dishes were pretty average. I would not go out of my way to eat here, as the menu options are fairly standard.
I would give it another star if the food was a little more exciting and the interior had some added character.

Talia R, Owner at The Hungry Chef Pizzas & Craft Beer, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear CM,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your suggestions, we always welcome them. Our menu options range from the standard comfort food dishes, always prepared with fresh ingredients, to dishes appealing to a finer palate.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I had the vegetarian plate presentation was good the flavour was terrible by far the worst meal ever , the owner was arguing with other customers about the food, that is why I didn't bother complaining about the food and I'm never going back to this restaurant

Talia R, Owner at The Hungry Chef Pizzas & Craft Beer, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your meal. Our vegetarian plate is very popular, but understand that it didn’t meet your expectation and we would have been more than happy to offer you a different option.

We value our guests very much and have built our reputation on listening to and acting upon their feedback. Unfortunately, while there is a history behind the incident you described, we regret that you had to witness it and that it made you uncomfortable. We hope that you will let us treat you to a meal next time you are in Harrison.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

We stayed at the Harrison Beach Hotel, they recommended this place but it was closed. It was around 9:30 when we walked by, thought they should have been opened.

1  Thank UWHuskies02
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We spend a lot of time in Harrison and decided that we'd give this a try since we've never gone here before...it didn't have a "wow!" factor, or thrill us in any way but the service was great :) Staff were friendly and polite which made our dining experience enjoyable.

The food was fine, a little over cooked but still enjoyable. I have nothing significant to report here, but we would come back again. I feel that I did get some value for my money spent and it was clean and again, customer service was good.

2  Thank Aly B
Reviewed September 9, 2012

My girlfriend ordered a grill cheese and was willing to pay the same price as any full sandwich. The owner said they were unable to make a grilled cheese, unless she was a child, then he said they didn't have bread, or cheese.... Two ingredients which were part of my sandwich.....our server was nice but the owner seems to be very confused about the importance of customer service. I do not recommend this place and we will not be back

4  Thank SeanGercsak