“Filled the gap”

The Hungry Chef Pizzas & Craft Beer
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Nestled in the heart of picturesque Harrison Hot Springs, British Columbia, The Hungry Chef Pizzeria and Craft Beer Eatery, a family run business, prides itself in providing guests with a memorable experience inside our inviting dining room, or on our covered, heated outdoor deck. From preparing our own dough to using local vendors from the region, our commitment is to deliver great tasting pizzas in a warm and inviting West Coast inspired wooden decor.
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We spend a lot of time in Harrison and decided that we'd give this a try since we've never gone here before...it didn't have a "wow!" factor, or thrill us in any way but the service was great :) Staff were friendly and polite which made our dining experience enjoyable.

The food was fine, a little over cooked but still enjoyable. I have nothing significant to report here, but we would come back again. I feel that I did get some value for my money spent and it was clean and again, customer service was good.

2  Thank Aly B

Reviewed September 9, 2012

My girlfriend ordered a grill cheese and was willing to pay the same price as any full sandwich. The owner said they were unable to make a grilled cheese, unless she was a child, then he said they didn't have bread, or cheese.... Two ingredients which were part of my sandwich.....our server was nice but the owner seems to be very confused about the importance of customer service. I do not recommend this place and we will not be back

4  Thank SeanGercsak
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Best veggie burger I have ever had..and I've had alot! The veggie patti has great texture and flavour and they make them in-house I believe they also make the buns in the morning as well! My boyfriend had a spicy chicken pasta and it was totally delicious. He ordered it half spicy. We liked it so much we went back the next day for a pizza. We weren't able to come to a consensus on pizza toppings but were able to do a "half-half" order with no extra charge. Delicious!!!

Servers were attentive even though it was pretty busy both days we were there! Great patio to have a beer and a bite on. Would highly recommend as there is something for everyone and reasonably priced.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

We've traveled to Harrison for years and always ended up irritated that there were no reasonably-priced family restaurants. Well this place fit the bill perfectly. The restaurant looks fantastic from the outside - almost like a ski lodge - and the inside was nice and clean. My husband appreciated having the TVs showing the Olympic highlights, but me, not so much lol. The good news though was that the volume was off and they had Bob Marley playing - which is always nice while on vacation.
The kids shared a meatlover pizza which was amazing! I was going to try just a bite but ended up having 2 slices. The waiter said they make their own dough and have a real pizza oven so that's always a good start. I had a great chicken stirfry (surprising how often people screw up such a simple dish) and my husband scarfed down a burger (bun also made in-house) with fries that he really enjoyed.
It was quite busy in the restaurant so we had to wait a few extra minutes to get all our food but it was nothing beyond reasonable.
Overall, we had a very good time and will definitely be back during our trip next year.
Rating: Highly recommend.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Waited almost an hour and our food still hadn't arrived. One of the staff just gave a "it's out of my control shrug". Another one can't tell me how long more i had to wait for my food. In the meantime, 2 other tables that came after us had their food, although it was also a long wait. I saw another group of about 10 people where one person's food only came when all others have finished. You can draw your own conclusions ...

1  Thank HWS888