“Great little family-friendly restaurant.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Hungry Chef

The Hungry Chef
Cuisines: Italian, American, Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Nestled in the heart of picturesque Harrison Hot Springs, British Columbia, The Hungry Chef Pizzeria and Craft Beer Eatery, a family run business, prides itself in providing guests with a memorable experience inside our inviting dining room, or on our covered, heated outdoor deck. From preparing our own dough to using local vendors from the region, our commitment is to deliver great tasting pizzas in a warm and inviting West Coast inspired wooden decor.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great little family-friendly restaurant.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

We've traveled to Harrison for years and always ended up irritated that there were no reasonably-priced family restaurants. Well this place fit the bill perfectly. The restaurant looks fantastic from the outside - almost like a ski lodge - and the inside was nice and clean. My husband appreciated having the TVs showing the Olympic highlights, but me, not so much lol. The good news though was that the volume was off and they had Bob Marley playing - which is always nice while on vacation.
The kids shared a meatlover pizza which was amazing! I was going to try just a bite but ended up having 2 slices. The waiter said they make their own dough and have a real pizza oven so that's always a good start. I had a great chicken stirfry (surprising how often people screw up such a simple dish) and my husband scarfed down a burger (bun also made in-house) with fries that he really enjoyed.
It was quite busy in the restaurant so we had to wait a few extra minutes to get all our food but it was nothing beyond reasonable.
Overall, we had a very good time and will definitely be back during our trip next year.
Rating: Highly recommend.

Vancouver, Canada
“Pick another restaurant”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

Waited almost an hour and our food still hadn't arrived. One of the staff just gave a "it's out of my control shrug". Another one can't tell me how long more i had to wait for my food. In the meantime, 2 other tables that came after us had their food, although it was also a long wait. I saw another group of about 10 people where one person's food only came when all others have finished. You can draw your own conclusions ...

1 Thank HWS888
Victoria
“Good dinner...newer restaurant in the village”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

Nice looking restaurant a block up from the lake...menu looked appealing.

We had the house burgers which were very good...cooked nicely, freshly baked homemade buns.
Service was good...all wait staff in Harrison work very hard!

Reasonable pricing!

Would return.....and hopefully sit on deck,

Peachland, Canada
“High hopes... Underwhelmed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

I ordered the cod burger, which was ok.... Bland fish with a bland sauce. I added lemon, which gave it some flavor.
My husband had the Philly cheese steak. It came on a whole wheat bun that was very hard, and possibly stale. The meat was very gristly, and there were more peppers than meat.

1 Thank littlepearhouse
Harrison Hot Springs, Canada
“Yum!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

Ordered pizza to share, even though I wasn't in the mood, to accommodate the tastes of my 6 & 4 year olds and was pleasantly surprised. One of the best specialty pizzas I've ever tasted. Highly recommend the food. Service was okay but kitchen was super-busy so we were warned of long waits by our server and noticed a few tables were slow to get they're entrees. Nice layout and kid friendly.