“big birthday”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2013

loved the food and the cozy atmosphere. steak was over cooked but 5 out of six dinners was awesome! I would recommend it to anyone

2  Thank Trina M

Reviewed March 29, 2013

This is such a cool little restaurant. We had a really nice lunch - good menu with healthy and yummy options. The interior is like a little pub with lots of character and wood beams. Seems like it would be quite nice for evening dining with some friends. Will definitely recommend this place. Prices were also very reasonable for the quality of the food.

2  Thank C M
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We were locked into the water-logged town of Harrison and were desiring a good meal on our anniversary. My fiance and I called ahead as many places were seasonally closed, to find a friendly voice inviting us over. There were no other patrons there when we arrived; with a few trickling in throughout our meal.

The ambiance was very romantic with Frank Sinatra playing in the background. Our waitress was so personable and sweet, making us feel very welcome. The menu was simple, but very reasonably priced. We ordered the mussels for an appetizer. Very simple but effectively seasoned. I ordered the duck breast and my date ordered the lamb. We both enjoyed our meals.

To top the night off, we were offered a free dessert each. Afterwards, the waitress even recommended a bar around the corner that her friend owns, in case we wanted to go out on the town afterwards.

We felt very happy with our evening at the Laughing Goat and it's a perfect place to have a romantic date while you're staying in Harrison.

3  Thank Kristi N
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My husband and I had our anniversary dinner here. He had the steak and I had the salmon. Both were scrumptious! We agreed that we would drive for an hour and a half just to have dinner there again!

1  Thank Klmoores
Reviewed February 12, 2013

My husband and I were just venturing one evening for a place to dine while we were staying at Harrison Hot Springs and came across this restaurant, The Laughing Goat. As we were perusing the menu from the outside a gentlemen who was walking in strongly recommend that we try it and so we did and boy are we glad we did. Considering my restrictive and delicate nutrition, they actually offered some healthy options. The service was a bit limited but the food all but made up for it. My husband was amazed with the food right from the start...as soon as he tried the bread he was hooked. He ordered a grill casear salad which was very intriguing as it was pretty much a romaine lettuce head cut in half with dressing and cheese drizzed on top with the touch of big crunch croutons...never seen a casear salad presented quite like that. His entree dish was the duck breast which he said was very moist and so delicious...he can't remember having such a good meal like this in a restaurant and trust me that says alot. It was so good that he was even trying to persuade me to try some knowing that I don't eat meat..what a guy! I had the arugula salad which had some oven roasted tomatoes and they were even able to accomodate my request of adding fresh avocado. I also had the steamed mussels which was very savoury but were a bit smaller than I was expecting. All in all the experience was like a memory...the people working there were very down to earth and friendly =)

1  Thank citygirl2013