“flavourful and reasonably priced”
Review of Laughing Goat - CLOSED

Laughing Goat
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Kamloops, Canada
“flavourful and reasonably priced”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

My husband and I were walking around Harrison Hot Springs and went in here for lunch. We were not very hungry, so just ordered 2 soups and some hot wings. The waiter told us that nonalcoholic drinks were on the house as they were awaiting their liquor license, so my husband had some free lemonade. Service was eager and prompt. The interior had wood panelling and a vaulted ceiling, and the room was clean. There was a charming simple wildflower arrangment on the table. We were the only diners on June 2nd lunchtime. The soups were only $5. I had the Gumbo and hubby had the Clam Chowder. My gumbo was mildly spicy with chunks of okra and tomato, and my hubby enjoyed his chowder, although it was more cream than clams. The caramel chicken wings were unusual but quite tasty. Portions were not huge but we came away satisfied, possibly due to good flavour. I would definitely try them again for an evening entree, the dinner menu looked interesting. My cost with taxes was @$20. So fairly good value here.

• Visited June 2012
4 Thank 656Victoria656

• Korean first
Kelowna, Canada
“Great Gem”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

My husband and I were geniunely surprised to visit this restaurant on the last night of our stay in Harrison. By surprised, I mean if we had known of its existence prior we DEFINITELY would have been there sooner as I'm hoping many of you will agree.

The restaurant is located behind the Husky Station in what appears to be a house restored into a restaurant with a very elegant woodsy decor for such casual dining.

While it's obvious that Harrison in the spring is by NO means a hopping night scene, especially when half ot the restaurants will only open on sunny days and the Copper Room isn't open on a Monday, it can be hard to find an enjoyable restaurant, but the Laughing Goat is just that little gem Harrison needs.

We ordered the Rib Eye Steak and the Smoked Salmon, both of which were EXCELLENT and above par in terms of presentation. The food tasted great and looked great!! While the restaurant is just new and has yet to recieve it's liquer license, it is a truly great restaurant with reasonable prices. Ie. the steak was 20 dollars and came with vegetable and mashed potatoes. We walked out of there with a reasonably decent bill of around 35 dollars excluding the tip. :) Definitely recommending it.

• Visited May 2012