“Amazing massage! Courteous staff”

Healing Springs Spa
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Excellent massage! If you are ever thinking about getting a massage while pregnant (I was 6 months at the time) this is the place to go! They have custom cushions to prop u up and ensure you are comfortable! Ask for Sarah - she was the best!

1  Thank NishaGC
in 4 reviews
"resort"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I'm rating Healing Springs Spa based on comparisons with other spas I've been to such as Spa Utopia in Vancouver, Spa at Nita Lake Lodge Whistler, Qua Spa, Canyon Ranch Spa, Bellagio Spa in Vegas.

Prices for the services were on par with upscale spa prices in Vancouver. I had the Valentine's Day package special of $169 per person which was a 90 minute session with a sugar scrub and relaxation massage. It included a box of Rocky Mountain chocolates and small bottle of champagne to take with you when you leave. I added a 20 minute mineral hot springs bath for $65.

If you're not staying at Harrison Resort, parking for Healing Spa patrons is free. They don't tell you this ahead of time. Spa lobby was beautiful and receptionist welcoming us very pleasant. Served us citrus water right away. Our spa appointment was at noon. My husband and I were there about 25 minutes early. The spa attendant didn't come get us until 12:10pm. We started with the mineral hot springs bath in a private soaking room. Bring your own flip flops. No sandals were offered although robes were provided. We changed in the private room but they don't offer lockers for belongings. The mineral bath itself is nice as you could soak in pure mineral water that's non chlorinated. Water is warm, not hot. There are no flowers in the water as depicted on their website but still very romantic. After 20 minutes, our massage therapists came to collect us and carry our belongings to the couple massage room.

Couples massage room is an old hotel room in the main building that's been converted. Ambiance and decor is pretty basic. We also had to walk out the lobby and outside in the cold to get to the couples massage room. We started with the body scrub. It was OK but I've never had a scrub before so no frame of reference. The massage itself was relaxing and some kinks were worked out of my back. The massage oil they use isn't warmed and slightly cold when first applied.

After the treatment, we were escorted back outside and back to the spa lobby with our belongings. At this point, spa was very busy so we had to wait a while to ask for a locker to store our belongings so we could use the resort pools. They only had 1 padlock left. As spa receptionist was busy we had to wait again for her to direct us to the change rooms after we got our lock. Turns out the change room is just the public change room in the indoor resort pool. Had we known this we would have bought our own padlocks. Since we didn't, I had to change, bring my stuff out to my husband so we could lock it all in 1 locker as only 1 lock was available.

Before I knew the change room was the public change room, I thought towels would be available there. They are not so I had to traipse back to the spa lobby and flag down an busy attendant for towels. Make sure you get towels from spa before going to change room. Change room was not very clean as it was a busy weekend. Resort pools were very relaxing and a big plus for the Healing Springs Spa.

Summary: The massage was relaxing but not the best I've ever had. Rated my experience as average as the spa did not have the amenities I've come to expect from a high end spa especially as I spent over $500 including tips.

2  Thank Beachyfun
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Just had the best massage followed by an amazing facial which included another back massage!!! Thanks to Claus and Faye for making my "ME" day amazing!!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

My husband and I booked appointments with the RMT Jeff. He was wonderful. Would definitely recommend! Did not try any other services or products. The lady at the front desk was also lovely and helpful! Very pleasant experience overall. Nice ambiance. Very relaxing.