“NOT IMPRESSSED”

Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Spa
Delta
“NOT IMPRESSSED”
Reviewed February 16, 2010

Upon check in I did not get the room/view I had requested when reserving, the room in the west tower was outdated and the beds were very hard and uncomfortable. The towels weren't replaced daily and I had to call housekeeping numerous times for shampoo, soap etc, and the food was overpriced. Also the rate that I was quoted when reserving was not honoured until I spoke with the manager at check out, and even then it was a hassle. I would not recommend this hotel as it is overpriced, overcrowed and the service leaves a lot to be desired.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,413)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Vancouver BC
Reviewed February 10, 2010

We arrived weary from our week of work. The front desk checked us in very quickly and our room was ready. The front desk clerk made us smile with her graciousness. Upon settling into our room, we stepped outside to the hot pools. It was heaven. We were completely relaxed in a matter of moments. After some time in the pools, we had a much needed nap. Then I went shopping and found a beautiful bathing suit and a designer blouse to wear to dinner. After shopping, we dipped in the pools again, had a shower and headed off to the Copper Room. It was devine. The band is wonderful and we dined and danced the night away. Just before retiring for the evening, we dipped in the pools again and had the best sleep of our lives in those comfortable beds. Thank you to all the staff for a wonderful, relaxing visit. We can't wait to come back.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
vancouver, bc
Reviewed February 10, 2010

My wife and I were looking to get away from the hetic city life, to spend time together in a peaceful environment. The staff, starting from when I booked the reservation, through to checking out was very helpful and courteous. We were able to walk around the lake, relax in the spa, enjoy a fantastic dinner and music at the Copper Room. It was truly something we thoroughly enjoyed. Our only regret...we should have stayed longer.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
COQUITLAM
Reviewed February 5, 2010

I stayed at this hotel with my husband and felt as if I was staying at a one star hotel and just being overcharged for it. My wake up call was not made for me, the pools were over crowded in their off season and their front desk was nothing but rude to me. I do not recommend over paying for this hotel definelty not relaxing.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jtes
Whitehorse, Canada
Reviewed February 1, 2010

I spent a week in the old part of the hotel (built in 1928). The room had an exposed sprinkler system and two uncomfortable beds.

The decor of the room was awful. The bedspreads and curtains were intended to have a olden look to them but they simply looked old.

The pools were full of chlorine and didn't really compare to the other hot springs that i have visited in Iceland, NZ and the Yukon.

Food was excellent though.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Murray1988
BC
Reviewed January 18, 2010

**Make sure you bring slippers or flip-flops it is a must!**

I was very apprehensive booking a night here with all of the terrible reviews but I went ahead anyways because for the price we figured worse case scenario we just won't go again. We are so happy we went! It was a great time for us and our relatives that we brought from Australia.

Off season rates are very reasonable. (We paid $119 - starts at $99) I would come back at peak season and pay regular rates and still feel like it was well worth it. Package includes room, buffet breakfast for 2 and use of the hotsprings which this hotel has exclusive rights to. Parking was $5.

As soon as we entered we were welcomed by a very friendly lady who did our check in and gave us information on the town (suggestions where to go) the manager was called over because we had a question about bringing our baby in the pools; he was equally as friendly and accommodating.

We stayed in the West tower as it was the only one that had a king bed available. We faced the pools which was nice but next time we will ask to face the lake because the view is just incredible. The room was exactly what we saw on the internet pictures so we were happy about that.

The smell when you get off the elevator is a little unpleasant - I would imagine it is from all the guests going back and forth from the pool to their rooms and the carpet soaking up the spring water so probably inevitable and once we were settled in our room I didn't notice it anymore.

The food here is excellent.
For dinner - we ate at the on-site bar who also serves off the lakeside menu. Because of the baby we had to eat in the lobby area but they were happy to come out and serve us at the tables there (no alcohol). Between the 4 of us we had butternut pear soup, steak quesadillas, chicken clubhouse, burger, grilled halibut. Absolutely everything was cooked perfectly with great flavour.
Breakfast Buffet - So many selections for hot and cold. Eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, pancakes, fruits, breads, juices. We were very impressed.

The pools are amazing, the setting is like nothing I have seen before, and we went both indoor and outdoor to test the different temperatures. Everyone is walking around the hotel in robes, it is really neat.

Because we went on a Sunday night it was a very quiet relaxing evening. There were several couples but very few children around. I had a perfect evening. My only regret is not booking 2 nights because I think we would have enjoyed spending a full day in the pool and wandering around through the little shops on the strip but we still had plenty of time to relax in the 19 hours we stayed at Harrison resort.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
canada north
Reviewed January 8, 2010

We were at this resort, once again, only this time stayed in one of the cottages as we had our lab dog with us. Went for the new years time celebration. Stayed 4 nights. The cottages are great, especially as they allow you to bring your pet at no extra cost. Cleaning staff for the cottages are also a great staff. We usually stay in one of the lake view rooms in the original part of the hotel. The new years dinner/dance, in the Copper Room, was a good time. Our waitress for the dinner was excellent and gave wonderful service. Live band was fun and the dance floor was nearly always full. Copper Room brunch the next day was nothing short of spectacular.
We stay at this resort nearly twice a year. We have no complaints in regards to any service. On this recent trip the two bath robes were not in the cottage when we checked in, but called the front desk and they were delivered within 5-10 minutes.
I have read readers complaints about this property, but we have never had a problem. But, this is not downtown Vancouver, this property has been around for a long time and has a history and a "feel" to it, which makes it special.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
#3 of 8 in Harrison Hot Springs
Harrison Spa Motel
Harrison Spa Motel
#3 of 8 in Harrison Hot Springs

Been to Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!