“Terrible”

Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Spa
British Columbia
Reviewed February 22, 2005

My husband surprised me with a couple of nights at Harrison Hot Springs
Hotel and Spa. Had a half day at the spa as a gift. He had up graded
the room for he wanted it to be a special few days, for we have had a rough year. When we got there, we were on the second or third floor
lake view. This room was no differant from the previous room that we
had had the year before. The year before the room was to be in the
tower lake view and it wasn't!!!! The rooms were the same weather
you were up graded or not. The price was very high for what you got. It will be our last time at Harrison and will try other Hot Springs for were not impressed at all with the rooms and the price for what you get !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
For what we spent at Harrison we could of gone a lot of other places.

14  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed February 19, 2005

One of the worst hotels we have stayed at in years - small rooms - bathtubs so small - they shouldn't bothered. Paper thin walls you can hear the words from the tv's.

We went down the next morning to let them know our room was too loud - they said "so you will be checking out today then?" - not a good response people!

We checked out and went across the street to the Exeuctive Inn - it was exceptional

The only thing good about the Spa Hotel was the Jones Boys and the dancing at night - other than that 1/10
Service: they couldn;t care less that we were travel agents - been there before - or were unhappy.

They do sell day passes to use their pools - I suggest you stay anywhere else and go for a dip and dancing only

22  Thank LALK188
Vancouver
Reviewed February 14, 2005

Went for Valentines weekend. Room was pokey with worn out carpet. Loud ventilation structure right outside window. Room was freezing. Called front desk, they explained the antiquated heating system which took 30 min to kick in and very very loud. We had a gift certificate which covered 2 nights. Unable to stand the motor noice, chose to turn off heater and sleep fully clothed to keep warm. After that awful night, checked out. Hotel now refusing to refund the difference. We have stayed in many hotels, thought the Harrison was renovated and more upmarket. Absolutely crappy. Carpet was worn out in several areas. Pools just reeked of large amounts of chlorine. Cant comment on food, never got that far. Overpriced. Winter is out of season. You can stay in whistler for 1/2 the price in their off season and have a far superior accommodation. We have ended up paying $434 for a night comparable to sleeping in a car.

12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Vancouver
Reviewed February 13, 2005

paid ridiculously high price for cheap motel room like.. extremely disappointed..... they need to tear downt he main tower and build a new room.. everything was falling apart.. there were so many bugs in the springs it was disgusting.

12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 13, 2004

Our family stayed at the Harrison Hot Springs resort for two nights in December 2004. The oocasion was my brother-in-law's 40th birthday. A venue like Harrison would not have been my first choice - I am not big into the spa-and-soak thing - but that is where the choice was made, so I went with as open a mind as I could. I was furthermore concerned by the tone of some of the reviews posted here. I am pleased to say that I had a great time. Check-in moved right along despite a growing line of guests. We stayed in a room in the East tower and it was very nice - the bed was comfortable, the entire room was clean, and it was very quiet. The staff was attentive and friendly. The only high-speed internet access is in the lobby - a fast WI-FI connection. We had breakfast twice in the Lakeside Cafe. Suggest you order off the menu rather than do the buffet (although the buffet looked quite good). For $8.95 I got a bellyfull of eggs and suasages; the buffet was $14.95. The pools were really nice. I have been to a few hot springs before and I remembered them all as hot sulfur baths. The springs that feed Harrison are quite benign - very little odor to the water and no bad after-effects (i.e., dermatitis). It was very relaxing to take a dip. I left relaxed and refreshed. The location is very scenic and I think it would make a great getaway for anyone interested in getting away from it all in luxurious fashion.

7  Thank dave1013
Reviewed November 30, 2004

Attended a business conference in November 2004. Was initially impressed with the front desk staff. Got to my room, in the more expensive tower, only to discover....a FILTHY plastic brush, loaded with hair IN MY BED. To their credit a maid was sent within 15 minutes to change the linens and the following night, chocolates were left on the pillow.
There were 19 other attendees. One of them found dirty towels behind the door of her bathroom. Another (you won't believe this!) had a man waltz into her room at 12:30 while she slept. It was the floor manager. He was trying to let in the 'real' occupant of the room. They had no record of her reservation and demanded to know who she was. To put this in perspective, you should know that she wasn't just ANY guest....she was the person they had been dealing with almost constantly for the previous month to make all the arrangements, including menus for all our meals....
Another person in the group had a king-size bed. The sheets didn't cover the whole mattress and so his feet were on a bare mattress.
I'll tell you the ONLY reason that this resort is not getting a "Terrible" rating from me: The food was absolutely STELLAR and served by impecably wonderful people AND the pools were great. I can not recommend the restauraunts enough.
There was another extremely large convention there, and this in the off-season, which may have over-taxed their abilities a bit in the off-season

6  Thank VancouverShanny
North Vancouver BC
Reviewed October 17, 2004

Having read some of the previous reviews, and asked a few friends who had been there, I still decided to book our anniversary weekend at the harrison resort and Spa. I reviewed and checked on other Hotels in the area. The price was the same as in Vancouver but the Spa and the pools that are hot enough to be used in the middle of Winter made up our mind.
Reservation where handled very well we booked an East Tower Lakeview Room with a Food package. We informed them it was our Anniversary and that I wanted flowers in the Room. we arrived Friday at 6:00PM the room was ready and waiting with the Flowers and a gift from the Hotel. a token really.
We went for Dinner in the Lakeside Italian Buffet it was excellent. Then to the Pools very relaxing very little sulphur smell.
The next evening we dined on the 5 course meal in the Copper Room had a very leasurly Dinner and danced the night away reasonable Wine suggest by our Waiter was good service was attentive. As I have been in the Food industry I talked to the waiter and asked if what if any challenges he had working here, he said that the clientel had changed and that everyone wanted to eat at MacDonalds speed, that is not Dining that is feeding .
Sunday we got up late and found that Breakfast was over but that Brunch was being served , no problem the Hostess said just give us the Breakfast voucher and that will be fine.
So for all the negative comments that I read here is one satisfied guest who will be back , I met people who have been going there for 30 years so I knew I was not an exception. I personally can recommend the harrison resort & Spa

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Hampton Inn By Hilton Chilliwack
Harrison Lake View Resort
Harrison Lake View Resort
#5 of 8 in Harrison Hot Springs

Been to Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!