“Great getaway spot”

Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Spa
Lynden, Washington
“Great getaway spot”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

My wife & I were supposed to be there Feb. 15th - Feb. 17th. We checked out after the 1st night due to some unforseen circumstances that resulted in me getting extremely sick. I will not blame the resort though (even though I probly could). I am not a finger pointing person & I am ok now. They did however help my wife out by checking us out quickly so I could get back to the states & see my doctor. I appreciate there help with that since I am not a small guy & could barely carry my own weight ( I passed out in the elevator, no alcohol either). The service was hands down some of the best I have received. I will stay there again in the future. It is a very relaxing place, we have been before & will return.

Only complaint, possible renovation, I am in the hotel/timeshare renovation buisness. I have some contact info for them that may come in handy.

Room Tip: Get a room in the east tower, it is newer & nicer
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ian M, Director of Sales at Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
We hope you are feeling better! We are working hard to keep the Resort current by working within our budgets to improve our product. Thanks for sharing the feedback!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,389)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Duncan, Canada
Reviewed February 21, 2013

This is a very nice resort in the Fraser Valley. It offers very good food, excellent service and a very relaxing set of pools and spa.
Their packages are well planned out and offer a variety of options to suit most people. It is also child friendly with many activities for all ages.
There are several levels of accommodation ranging from the old main building which is really neat, but smaller rooms all nicely updated, the two towers with modern rooms and a few cabins at the back of the property.
The staff are all very friendly and accommodating.
Once settled into our new room we had a very nice time including a very nice dinner in the Copper Room.

Room Tip: The only warning I would give is to avoid rooms 149 and 150 in the main building. They are in what...
1 Thank DT1254
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Given the price/night ($249 for a standard room), this place needs a major renovation. The registration line-ups were very long and probably worse than usual due to the President's Day weekend. The rooms looked clean but very dated in decor and lay-out.

Our massages were enjoyable, but the spa was untidy and missing the basics you would expect from a resort (eg. we didn't anticipate having to bring our own rubber sandals or haul towels from the room for our visit to the pools). I think we'll go to Scandinave Spa in Whistler on our next quick getaway weekend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed February 17, 2013

we checked in all was good. Went to the pools for a swim back up to the room to shower. I go to get in the shower and it was not cleaned from the guests before us. There was at least 10 PUBIC HAIRS in the tub. Called front desk they sent some one up to clean it and stated they would make a note of it that was also not done. I brought it up when we checked out and there was no note made. They took five dollars off our bill which was for parking thats not even a dollar a PUBIC HAIR ! I keep my own washrooms at home cleaner that for sure! Should have took pictures but thought of it after they cleaned it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ian M, Director of Sales at Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
We're so sorry to hear about your experience. Thanks for taking the time to post this review - we will pass this info along to our housekeeping staff.
Abbotsford
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I get the feeling that they've given up here. I've been to this resort every 5-6yrs for the last 15yrs. Usually because the idea of a local, romantic getaway in our backyard (Vancouver) seems so compelling.

Everything about this place seems to be getting so mediocre, if that. From long waits at registration, to long waits for a bellman, to a less-than-average room (that clearly hasn't been renovated in 20hrs), poor buffet-only breakfast ... and I've only been here one night of two so far. I'm hoping the Copper Room lives up to it's old reputation tonight.

By the way, I love old hotels, and stay at the old CP Fairmont Hotels all the time, so I know want CAN be done with an older hotel.

Unfortunately, if your heart is set in Harrison Lake / Hot Springs, this may be the only game in town and likely the reason they don't feel the need to invest in their property or people.

Room Tip: Unfortunately, if your heart is set in Harrison Lake / Hot Springs, this may be the only game in tow...
1 Thank JameH
It's hard to resist coming to Harrison - the lake is beautiful, the village charming. We do have a variety of rooms available at different rates to suit everyone's budget. While the majority of our rooms have been renovated, there remain some older ones. We hope you enjoyed your dinner at The Copper Room, as well as the live music.
victoria
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Spent February 3rd through 8th in the West Tower with a view of the lake. I paid a little more so that my wife could attend too,not the classes though they allow it.She spent time reading, going for walks or just plain relaxing in one of the many pools. The trip was very relaxing for her and on the finally day she had a spa treatment.
The service and staff were amazing as well as the food. Our room was in the West Tower 2nd newest part of the hotel the newest being the East Tower and the oldest the main hotel. The main hotel has smaller rooms so I heard. Our only complaint was soft beds and the rooms in the West Tower are getting a little tired. I was there 6 years ago in the West Tower and I do not remember the bed being that uncomfortable. I do however remember the rooms with the same carpets and linens and such.
Overall an excellent place to relax with great food and fantastic staff.

Room Tip: A room facing the lake will be more private and quieter.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Glad to hear you had a relaxing time. Thanks for letting us know about the beds - we will pass this information along. It would be a nice feature to be able to choose the level of mattress firmness!
Marysville, Wa
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My family has been coming to Harrison almost every year for a weekend getaway for the last 25 years. Everything was as great as usual except the Copper Room. We don't usually go to the Copper Room unless we are there for an extra special occasion. The service was fantastic even though we had a group of 17! However, the food was very disappointing. I would expect that for that price, $25-60 per plate, the food should be fantastic as well. The food was actually some of the worst I have ever had. I got the 4 course meal which I thought would have been the best deal. The only good thing about the meal was the dessert. Almost everyone in our group was disappointed with their meal. Actually, the best meal was the kids meal, which was a mini steak! Even though I love the live music and dancing, I wouldn't pay to go back and have terrible food.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Travelgrl221
HotPools, Director of Sales at Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
We are extremely disappointed to hear of your less than satisfactory experience in The Copper Room. While our goal is to provide a memorable experience, it has to be for the right reasons. As we do not have your contact information, please email our Director of Food and Beverage, Mr Gamal Hanna: ghanna at harrisonresort.com to discuss how we might turn this around for you. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback on the rest of your stay!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrison Hot Springs
#4 of 9 in Chilliwack
Harrison Lake View Resort
Harrison Lake View Resort
#3 of 8 in Harrison Hot Springs

Been to Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!