“Everything great except Copper Room”

Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Spa
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My family has been coming to Harrison almost every year for a weekend getaway for the last 25 years. Everything was as great as usual except the Copper Room. We don't usually go to the Copper Room unless we are there for an extra special occasion. The service was fantastic even though we had a group of 17! However, the food was very disappointing. I would expect that for that price, $25-60 per plate, the food should be fantastic as well. The food was actually some of the worst I have ever had. I got the 4 course meal which I thought would have been the best deal. The only good thing about the meal was the dessert. Almost everyone in our group was disappointed with their meal. Actually, the best meal was the kids meal, which was a mini steak! Even though I love the live music and dancing, I wouldn't pay to go back and have terrible food.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Travelgrl221
HotPools, Director of Sales at Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

We are extremely disappointed to hear of your less than satisfactory experience in The Copper Room. While our goal is to provide a memorable experience, it has to be for the right reasons. As we do not have your contact information, please email our Director of Food and Beverage, Mr Gamal Hanna: ghanna at harrisonresort.com to discuss how we might turn this around for you. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback on the rest of your stay!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,705)

Reviewed February 10, 2013

My fiance and I were given a Harrison "Getaway" package for Christmas. We decided to go on our new family day long weekend. It was nice, and relaxing, and our room had a lake view. Its really awesome that our package included 2 buffet breakfasts and 1 dinner at the copper room. The food was good, the staff was fantastic, and the spa was fantastic. The only problem I had was that I thought the hot springs would be like a hot tub, but they are more like warm pools. I am also a lifeguard and felt like I was at work because kids were yelling, wrestling, and splashing all around. I'm fine with kids having fun but maybe there should be more adult only times. We'll come back when we have little kids.

• Stayed: February 2013
HotPools, Director of Sales at Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Thanks for sharing your review with our community on TripAdvisor. Did you know we have an adults-only pool slightly hidden from the main mineral pool? This is much hotter than the warm pools, which are intended for those who might want to swim and play. Also, inside, next to the spa, we have a hot tub, and this is truly HOT! Do come back soon and try these pools out. (Mid week is quieter as most kids are in school.)

Reviewed February 4, 2013

“Not as expected”
I was there for Christmas eve. Dinner buffet was expensive and not so good. Most food were almost cold. my room at end of 1st floor hallway had no wireless. When i complain the offered to change the room but was so late night and i did not want to move everything again. Same room bath has no venation system, just one socket to plug in electronic devices!!and!!
When i arrived i wait 15 min for valet parking guy to show up!! Maybe because Christmas and busy time-but this was my experience

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Sorry to hear you experienced some frustrations during your Xmas stay. We were much busier than usual. Thanks for the feedback about the wireless - we will have our technical staff look into this.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Whilst the hotel is probably the nicest choice in Harrison it is not worth the price you have to pay to stay there.

Sure, it has the hot pool complex and a nice dining room, oh and a copper piano in the foyer. But despite all that i found it decidedly less glamorous that the brochure would have me believe.

I only spent about an hour of my 2 night stay in the pool, which was nice but quite crowded, plus people drinking alcohol in a hot pool is definitely not a crowd pleaser. The log fire with sofa's situated near was a nice place to read a book, but when the hotel allows families en-masse to come down there and set up shop to have their take away dinner, it's a bit of a downer to the quiet ambience.

Also, while the room was clean, tidy and had a nice view over the lake it was also small, in need of some renovation and arranged in a way a lot of sound came in from the corridor. ( i could also hear next doors occupant snoring most of the night).

One plus was that a 2am noise disturbance from a nearby room was acted upon quickly by the duty manager and the disturbance ceased immediately.

I expected a rather more quiet type of hotel and a lot more luxury than was offered and wondered what was worth paying the over the top prices for.

My advice, save a load of cash stay in the Ramada, go to the public pool in the winter and beach in the summer. And by the way, the fact that the hotel charges guests to park in the hotel car park after paying the big hotel prices was quite frankly an insult.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank s j
Reviewed February 2, 2013

My fiancee and I had a great weekend last November at Harrison Hot springs.

The hotel is very nice and clean. Our room was pleasant with a great view of the massive lake. The service was also very helpful. The pools were beautiful and there was always a spot. The grounds were perfect for a romantic stroll along the beach or in the forest behind the resort full of little waterfalls. We were somewhat disappointed in the fact that you don't actually swim in the hot spring. There is a spot to the far left of the property where you can see the source(?) of the hot spring. Unfortunately it had some garbage in it and it didn't really seem like a 'highlight' of the resort (which we feel that it should be).

I loved the idea of the 'Copper Room', but it was a little sub-par. The band was really good and the large dance floor in the middle of the restaurant was great. The menu, however, was predictable and bland. Unfortunately we got a few plates with chips and my sorbet class had a large crack in it.

I guess the only thing we have to say is that it wasn't exactly the 'romantic' getaway we were looking for. The resort is perfect for families and seniors.

Not that I intend to write a bad review, we had a fantastic time, it just wasn't what we had in mind. We will definitely go back there when we have a family.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This was a last minute trip. Decided to get away for the night on December 29th and was very surprised to find they had a room available. The place was very busy and check in took a bit but the hotel was just like I remember; haven't been up since late 90's. Staff could have been better with adult only time in the pool since several parents thought that it was ok to ignore this rule. We booked a couples massage that wasn't worth the price. They had better special posted in the elevators and I wish I had waited to book a massage.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CaptKeith
HotPools, Director of Sales at Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us Capt. Keith! Regarding the adult pools, anyone over the age of 13 is allowed in that area. Admittedly, on a busy weekend, it's sometimes challenging for our staff to "police" parents and their children. We will pass this on to our staff. Also, spa specials are typically offered during during the week, but rarely on weekends.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We went to this resort to attend a wedding. We stayed in an older part of the hotel which was comfortable. The room was clean but the hallways could have been better cleaned. Had two dinners in the Copper Room. It was a real, and pleasant, step back in time both in decor and the fact that there is a live dance band every night of the week. We felt the food was very good and a good value. The wedding we were at was at a local church with an afternoon reception at the hotel. The reception meal was very good.
It was in late December and while there was no snow there was a cool wind off the lake, but this did not stop us from doing some walking. We suspect that it is lovely in the summer.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 9 in Chilliwack
Hampton Inn By Hilton Chilliwack

Been to Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!