“Weekend at Harrison Hot Springs”

Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Spa
port moody, british columbia, canada
“Weekend at Harrison Hot Springs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

My family gave me a gift certificate at Harrison Hot Springs for my 60th Birthday. My husband and I had stayed there previously; however, this experience was much more enjoyable for a variety of reasons. This time I chose a room in the West Tower facing the hot pools rather than a lake view because I wanted a sunnier experience. The lake view is obviously lovely but I found it a little dark as it is facing north. I do think, however, that the East Tower rooms are a little more modern but my husband and I really enjoyed sitting on our deck, in the sun, having a drink overlooking all the wonderful activity in the pools. The dining room is lovely, however,we felt the menu and meal portions much improved this visit. My only complaint is that check-in was very slow, only one person checking guests in which is odd because this resort caters to volume and conventions. The hot pools are wonderful, we spent hours in them. Prices vary considerably from day to day due to availability. It is a good idea to avoid staying when there is a convention because the buffet restaurant, dining room and the pools will be very crowded.

Room Tip: East Tower are a little larger and more modern but not as close to the pools, which isn't a big...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,363)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
vancouver
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

brutal! 300$ a night romantic getaway for 2... old smelly dirty rooms! super expensive food and drinks poor quality it was horrible... pools were nice but they were dated too... bathrobes... horrible, bathroom scary... just bad bad bad... glad we never have to go back... could even get into the spa they were booked solid... which surprised me since a simple swedish massage for 50 minutes cost 160$

2 Thank takemet0thebeach
Vancouver, British columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

We booked the Romance Package at Harrison Hot Springs Resort and Spa. It included a partial lake view / town view room in the new tower, complimentary champagne, dinner for 2 in the copper room, side by side massage at the spa and breakfast in the morning. As usual we arrived a bit early and our room was ready. Our room was gigantic and was more of a "suite" very nice but did smell a bit musty. The bed was a king size murphy bed which was quite comfortable and the room also had a huge bar (not stocked) and 2 different balconies. I really wish that the room was more "fresh" smelling and if this was a romance package that they would have had maybe candles or so some sort of flowers in the room as well to make it feel more romantic. we did spend quite a bit of money for this package.The maid service could have stepped it up and actually vacuumed the room and freshened it up. Not to also mention that my boyfriend found a toe nail clipping on the ground that stuck in his sock! YUCK!

BC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

too much for too little. rooms so so. housekeeping leaves something to be desired. Hair, not mine in the tub. Missing soap in sink. Almost empty toilet paper roll.

Chilliwack, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

Rooms are "old" smelling. Everything is clean and the service is good; but the rooms really stink with that musty old smell. Not pleasant.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

When I pay $300 a night for a hotel room I can't help but have high expectations. When we arrived to front desk at 230pm we were told our room would not be available until 430 at the earliest (even though I had reservations!!). After a 6 hour drive all we want to do was nap so we waited in lobby until it was ready. When we finally got into our room we had to go downstairs and complain because the sink in the bathroom was filled with dirty water and the bottles of water they charge for in room were already opened. We were once again told to leave our room for an hour so they could re clean and re stock. The rooms do not reflect the cost of the hotel! They are 80's dated and visually displeasing. We were given gift certificates for the breakfast buffet as an apology for the inconvenience but the buffet was also disappointing. Food was soggy and over cooked. What an overall disappointment! Save yourself from overspending at this hotel!! Come for a day visit but don't stay overnight! Ps- when I called back a couple days later to speak to the manager about our stay he was very rude and condescending. Basically I was told that because they gave us the free breakfast there was nothing more they could do for us. I even told him that i had a big famiy reunion coming up and one of the locations that we were considering was HHS. He didn't care. I tell you they lost out because I had over 30 relatives come for 1 week. We ended up going to a much nicer and friendlier hotel. I will never suggest this hotel to anyone!!!!

• Stayed August 2012
6 Thank Carlalovescarl
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

The hotel has not changed and is fun and friendly. We adore the hotels pools and hot springs and the Pet friendly attitude is a blessing. We recommend 7th and 8th floor in the newest towers.. lake view is breathtaking. Just submerge in the amazing, soothing waters, drink in the sky, even if its raining the hot springs are therapeutic. Go to the Copper room and have a little old world fun...The staff especially at reception are noticeably , upbeat and charming... this place is special<3

Room Tip: Higher floors and ask for lake view in the newest tower...
11 Thank LuxuryAll
Harrison Lake View Resort
Harrison Lake View Resort
#3 of 7 in Harrison Hot Springs
The Spa Motel Harrison Hot Springs
The Spa Motel Harrison Hot Sprin...
#4 of 8 in Harrison Hot Springs

Been to Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!