“A waitress with a huge attitude!”

Lampliter Gallery Cafe
Ranked #5 of 24 Restaurants in Fort Langley
Cuisines: European, Canadian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: We prefer to describe ourselves as Refined Country Cooking. Thank you to all the customers who took the time to write a review.
bakersfield ca
“A waitress with a huge attitude!”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We dined at The Lamplighter with some of my oldest friends.The food was tasty but very small portions.We had dinner,then dessert and caught up on the years that had flown by.
My friend and I split the bill.First of all the waitress tacked on a $25.00 tip.When we asked her to redo the tally she said ' i'd like to inform you that between the two of you,you only left a $6.00 tip!I was speechless partly because it was closer to $12.00 and partly because the service and food was mediocre and a $12.00 tip was more than generous!

2 Thank shala47
lampliterfortlangley, Owner at Lampliter Gallery Cafe, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
The Lampliter is a restaurant with a strong French and Italian influence, where everything is made from scratch on the premises. We find that serving a 6oz portion of fresh Halibut, served with seasonal vegetables and a potato strudel with a local garlic-scape sauce is reasonably priced at $21.95.
We also offer a $24.95 Two course dinner.

As for the tipping misunderstanding: I didn't tack on a $25 tip. At first, I was under the impression you and you friend wanted to split the bill 50/50, like most people do when they want to split the bill.
The bill was $128. The first lady asked me to charge $75 on her card and I assumed that the second lady wanted the same amount on hers (a $22 gratuity falls within normal parameters on a $128 bill). After charging $60 on the second card as I had been instructed, I wondered if you ladies realized that maybe, possibly, there had been a miscalculation and you hadn't noticed that $75+$60=$135, thus indeed leaving a $6 (and change) gratuity (5%).

Or perhaps you wanted to leave $12, but in the confusion it didn't work out.

Langley City, Canada
“Slipping”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

My Wife and I hadn't been to the Lamplighter for awhile so we thought we'd have dinner there. A few years ago I used the restaurant as my go to spot for entertaining business clients. Yesterday, the food was fine, service was good but the experience was average. We used to go to the Lamplighter for unique, something different and part of the fun was the decor. It all seems to have slipped away.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Richard S
“Excellent Mains”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

There were 4 of us in our party and we all had different dishes. From the lamb, to the snapper, to the beef- all were good. We all took advantage of the appetizer and main deal for $25. It was an excellent deal. The service was great and they were accommodating to our little one.

• Visited July 2012
Fort Langley, Canada
“Great family run restaurant”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

This restaurant offers a cozy atmosphere and great meals.

Visited January 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“Quaint little restaurant - a gem in Fort Langley”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

The food here is excellent, the restaurant small, quaint and colonial in its decor. Great service more personable, the duck is to die for the only time I have had duck cooked this well has been in Paris. I also love the lamb which is very tender.

Also attended a birthday party here (12) again service and food was a high standard special martinies mixed for us.

• Visited February 2012