“Don't go here with American friends”
Review of Beatniks Bistro

Beatniks Bistro
Ranked #1 of 27 Restaurants in Fort Langley
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A current version of our menu is available on our website
Reviewed September 23, 2013

The food and service here were average but at the end of our lunch our waitresses let us know that the American $ was worth only 90 cents. Currently the American $ is worth $1.03 Canadian. This put a damper on our lunch and reflected poorly on this restaurant. If this had been a consumer product, we could have declined this transaction with a note of our dissatisfaction with this unwelcoming policy.

1  Thank Sandy S

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We were looking for a place to have a late lunch and found this like Bistro, very friendly staff and delicious food, well served and great ambience. Portions were quite sufficient and the onion soup was delicious, almost a meal in itself.

1  Thank Susan W
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We are somewhat limited on choice for dining in our suburb of Vancouver, Beatniks was the closest option and our second visit, I remember the food and menu selection being better first time round. Anyway weather was lovely which improves everything, Bistro was busy as usual we were seated outside, do wish they would put some place mats on the open metal tables or serve dishes on chargers, there's nowhere to place cutlery when eating, minor detail I know but isn't a good expereince all about the detail? Staff were very pleasant and attentive, background music was great, wasps were a pain (not literally thank goodness) not the most comfortable seating either. My husband has seafood linguine which he enjoyed, I had quinoa salad with grilled peppers and wild salmon fillet. Salmon was cooked nicely, but please if a dish contains chillies list it in the ingredients some of us don't like spicy anything.
A pleasant dining choice when in Fort Langley especially on a nice day.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Unique menu. Not overwhelmed by the food. They try to be an up scaled venue just don't have the right culture to pull it off. With the right weather the Bistro can be a nice place to stop and eat during your stroll through Fort Langley

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We would drive by this place always thinking it must be good because it always looked busy. So on my birthday my hubby surprised me with taking me there for dinner. We were seated inside after about a 20 min. wait (which isn't bad for not having a reservation). The waitress came, dropped off some menu's and walked away. A few minutes later came back to see if we wanted drinks, she was very cold and couldn't crack a smile. My hubby and I looked at each other and then watched her as she served other tables. She looked absolutely miserable. Our drinks came and our order was taken, I tried harder to be nice and smile to see if that would change her attitude...nope not at all. Our food came, we asked for a condiment, she left and never came back, so we asked someone else to bring it and waited and waited, so my hubby got up walked to the bar and asked again. Then another waitress brought it over. We felt very uncomfortable even being in there. Couldn't order another drink because our waitress didn't come back....we left thinking no matter how good the food is we won't be back because the service sucked!!

1  Thank Theresa G
angela h, General Manager at Beatniks Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Dear Theresa ...
As the manager of Beatniks Bistro I am mortified to read about your experience.
It is our desire, as a family owned business, that all of our guests feel warmly welcomed and feel an extension of family hospitality during their visit. I am so sorry that we disappointed you, especially on your special occasion.
Please know that we are so grateful to be attracting first time visitors still, and that this one server doesn't reflect the way we feel about our guests.
I'm sorry to hear you were so turned off that you aren't willing to come back again, I certainly understand how you would feel that way. Should you change your mind, or if you are open to accepting an incentive to return, or further share with me the details of you server so that we may better follow up on our end, please contact me: manager@beatniksbistro.com