“A must stop for us”

Ranked #9 of 115 Restaurants in Duncan
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Whenever we travel upisland we always plan to stop at the Dog House for breakfast. Some may call the place dark but I find it kind of cosy. It reminds me of eating at an elderly aunt's place. It is usually busy but we have never waited too long to be seated. Make sure you check out the specials before you order off the menu. I find their 'odd-ball' something-special-that-the-cook made-up-and-stuck-on-the-menu items are usually better than items that are on the regular menu.
The portions are large and filling. So we do plan on going back.

There are newer reviews for Dog House Restaurant and Take Out

Reviewed January 9, 2013

My title says it. Last time Dad and I went there, we had breakfast and it was great. I have friends who always stop in at the Dog House in Duncan on their way through, for their desserts.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is a ok place for a good hardy meal. No fancy frills but good all around food . My son in law frequents this place often for brecky on his wqay to work.Breakfasts are big and you need to work after fuelling up on lots of baconeggs and hotcakes.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

I've been stopping at the Dog House whenever I travelled through Duncan since I was a small child. Here you'll find great food, wonderful service and a family friendly atmosphere. I have not yet been able to indulge in one of their fabulous looking desserts as the meal portions themselves are huge. I keep thinking I should have dessert first the next time I go in. Our family favourite is the foot long hot dog and fries but I'm also partial to the beef dip. The menu boasts a wide variety of items and the prices are very reasonable. I had the opportunity to both dinner one night and then have breakfast the next day while on a recent business trip to Duncan. I could have gone anywhere in the town but chose our family favourite for both my meals.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

The Dog House has a nice homely feel. There was a large choice of good food. The desserts look so good, too good to pass up on. Service was very good and price was reasonable