“Don't stop keep on driving”
Review of The Old Fork

The Old Fork
Ranked #15 of 115 Restaurants in Duncan
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Old Fork opened its doors on March 1, 2013. Instantly it has become a staple in the Duncan community as the most fun and funky place to grab a plate of food in the morning. Our most popular dishes: the Huevos Rancheros, Reggie's Old Fork and our classic bennies are house made and served by our friendly staff. Take a mix of old-style Southern goodness and modern restaurant professionalism with a Vancouver Island foodie sensibility and you have The Old Fork. Real Food made with Quality Ingredients at a Great Value.
victoria
“Don't stop keep on driving”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

We stopped in to the old fork on our way back from a trip up island I wish we had kept on driving what a total wast of money. We were the only ones in the restaurant (it was about 1pm). The young waitress (Jessica ) was wonderful, I had the omelette and hash browns, toast. My companion had Eggs Benedict they were ok, the asparagus was fresh,but stringy. So let me tell you about mine... The omelette was dry (how you dry out an omelette I don't know) if I had closed my eye's I would not haver been able to tell what was in it ( I'm still not sure), the hash browns were chunks of potato I think they has been deep fried because I could taste the oil and my toast was soggy. I turned a piece over and it had only been toasted on one side ugly !!!!! The only good thing about my meal was the water and ketchup.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank moxy43

Duncan, Canada
“Not so great”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

This was not a good experience. We thought we'd try it out for dinner but the things I ordered from the menu were not available that day. I did not eat anything that I ended up ordering. Contrarily I must say, though, that the chocolate milkshake containing a shot of Kahlua was the best I ever tasted. Waitress was pleasant.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Rosemary R
Victoria, Canada
“Enjoyed Our Late Breakfast”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I am so glad that I checked Trip Adviser. I read positive reviews and decided to try the Old Fork. People who recommended the breakfast (served until 2:30 PM) were right. The Walter Raleigh was exceptionally good value. Nothing fancy but hot and good. Breakfast sandwich also yummy. Loved the potatoes. Lots of coffee. Clean and pleasant. I certainly would go back. Parking might be an issue for some. The lots are all level but the parking by the door was full. Maybe more mobility parking would be a good idea.

• Visited June 2014
Victoria, Canada
“Most amazing breakfast around. ”
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Stop what you are doing and go to the old fork. The breakfast is to die for, everything is absolutely amazing and different than the norm bacon and eggs (but they have that too!!). Try the breakfast poutine or the huavos ranchos. The servers are all very nice and the atmosphere is so cute and cozy. Everyone go here!! They also have like 20 flavours of wings if you go in for dinner. Check the website for hours!! Kristin is the best server they have though, try to ask for her!

Fort Myers Beach, Florida
“Best food we,ve had in a long time.”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We ate at the old fork for the second time. The first was for breakfast which was unique and excellent.
This time we went for dinner and had surf and turf. The braised beef was tender enough to cut with a fork. The scallops were seasoned perfectly.
Both times we were there the chef had a complimentary app for us. Which was tasty and different.
The chefs Scott and Mark, are excellent.
The meal was presented beautifully.
We will definitely return..

• Visited April 2014