“Chain Restaurant”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Ladysmith
“Chain Restaurant”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Its a chain restaurant so nothing new or unique. Food is good, price is a little high, decor is nice, good atmosphere. We had bad service - server sat us, brought us our beverages, then completely forgot about us. I had to ask another waitress to get our server to come and take our food order. Its a good place to go if you are with a group because there is something for everyone. However if you are looking for something special then there are better restaurants in town for the same price.

• Visited December 2013

B.C., Canada
“What's the hype?”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

As a local resident we were one of the first to sample this new restaurant. As usual we went with friends. There was no lineup so we immediately got a table.
The drinks came quickly, but when it came to reading the menus I realized that the place is so poorly lit that I actually had to get up and walk under a light to be able to see. Then came the other surprise, the menu is written in a very small and funky font that I just could not read. I guess it is designed for the younger generation that can actually read captcha! combinations.
When I asked for reading glasses the waitress did not know what I was talking about.
So I ended up ordering the Daily Special which was a nice burger. The portion was generous, but the french fries had those short pieces that scrape up from the bottom of the bag. I mean for $14.95 I'd expect some nice straight and long fries. I must say the dipping sauce was a delight though.
The food came quite quick and was piping hot.
As the wine list is rather short we just had a pint of the beer on tap, I forgot what is was, some local brew but it was quite good.
For all the hoopla and advertising they did before the grand opening I was expecting more. This place is but another burgerjoint and we have quite a few of those around here with considerably lower prices and equal quality food.

• Visited September 2013
“DISSAPOINTED”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Went for lunch with my sister was very disappointed. Have never placed a bad review till now. Cannot say any thing nice . It was a bad experience. Will how ever try one more time next time in town if not a lot better will not return. the chain seems to have a good reputation for food and service hope this one gets its act together.

• Visited September 2013
Toowoomba, Australia
“Fast with Great Burgers”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Great service and quality food. Pricing was mid range. The burgers are the best value option and are a good sized portion.

Visited September 2013
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
“Original Joe's Duncan BC”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This restaurant had the best food I've ever had in a long time...The service was awesome...The floor manager made sure we were taken care of at all times....The restaurant itself was amazing...very nice atmosphere and I've never been in a restaurant with a sliding door to the outside patio...Recommend this place to anyone...

• Visited July 2013