“Amazing Raptors”
Review of The Raptors

The Raptors
Ranked #1 of 35 things to do in Duncan
More attraction details
Owner description: Birds of prey have always inspired awe. Sadly, they are threatened in many parts of the world. When you experience them up close, you learn that they are more than predators from the sky; they are essential to maintaining the delicate eco-balance of our planet. The Raptors offer compelling and interactive experiences with a variety of birds of prey species including eagles, hawks, falcons and owls. Get closer than you ever imagined to these majestic and intelligent creatures. Flying demonstrations, hands-on encounters and educational talks offered daily (April - October). The Raptors is located in the heart of the beautiful Cowichan Valley, just 60 minutes north of Downtown Victoria and 45 minutes south of Downtown Nanaimo by car.
Belmont
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Amazing Raptors”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Close-up and personal is how we viewed the well-cared-for raptors. Informative and entertaining show held twice a day...perfect photo op.

Visited July 2013

“Wow, our visit to the 'Raptors' far exceeded our expectations!”
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

By chance, I located the 'Raptor Center' on tripadvisor before we started our vacation. Even after reading a few reviews, we were not sure what to expect.

We made the drive from downtown Victoria in one hour just in time for the flight demonstration.

What an incredible experience. On more than one occasion my wife and I ducked as the Bald Eagle passed overhead just inches above the visitors. The eagle knew exactly what she was doing and there was no risk of collision. Our three children went from moderately interested to extremely interested in Raptors durring the course of the presentation.

After the presentation, we wandered the center for over an hour. The variety and layout of the site was excellent and there was plenty of time to view each raptor. In front of each enclosure, there was interesting information about each Raptor on a plaque.

The staff and volunteers were very knowledgable and eager to answer any questions.

We have visited many tourist attractions in Victoria and this location is by far the best value. Raptor's may not be of interest to many but if you are looking for something different and educational for your children, this is a great place to visit.

At closing time, I almost had to drag my children out of the gift shop.

Highly recommend!

Visited August 2013
Mill Bay, Canada
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“A Must See”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Though I live in the area I had never visited this attraction. It seems when you have company come to town you look for interesting places to visit and this sure is one. It was amazing to see these large birds up close. They are more beautiful than I ever imagined.

I have an Eagle tree down the road from my house and watch them perch upon it all the time. I have never been so close to this magnificent bird though. There are Owls and other birds to capture on your camera. They fly and return to their trainers, they are not just caged birds. The people there are well versed about each one of the species of birds and there is much to learn about birds there.

Mill Bay, BC
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Very well worth a visit.”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Grandchildren & teens from the prairies visit this venue every visit to the island. Adults enjoy it and learn as much as the children . Seeing the raptors up close and personal as well as their flying ability is truly amazing.

Victoria, Canada
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Worth visiting”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I kept my expectations low, since I've seen some great exhibits and shows over the years at various zoos, Disney World, and other big-name places.

This was just as good in different ways, for other reasons. It's so nice to experience these things in their natural surroundings instead of at a busy attraction in a park with thousands of people, in the middle of a big city.

Definitely worth it to go.

Visited September 2012