“Cabin life in Dawson”

Klondike Kate's Cabins
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dawson City
Klondike Kate's Cabins
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Stayed for two nights in one of the cabins. It actually felt nicer than staying in a hotel - more independent I suppose. We had a cabin with two large beds, a desk and two chairs which seemed like a lot of furniture in the room so was quite cramped. Otherwise beds were very comfortable. They use memory foam for mattresses and pillows so not to everyone's liking but I slept very well. There was a fridge in the room and I left some food in it by mistake. We had a very nice stay here and with the attached restaurant just around the corner, it was very convenient.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stayed here for two nights while in Dawson. The cabin we rented had two twin beds (we booked it because it was the cheapest) which I think were more like two single beds. The cabin was in a good location, a bit more quite than other places. The room was nice and clean, cleaned daily which I didn't expect, and the soaps they put in the bathroom all smelled amazing (there is no conditioner in the shower though-heads up for people with long hair like me!) The room had free WiFi, a phone, TV and a coffee maker. The porch was really nice to sit on in the evening and stare at the mountain that's right behind you. Overall it was a nice place...I just found it to be pricey. I know everything in Dawson is pricey, but I don't see the value here for how much you spend. Our cabin was $140/night and that's the cheapest one. The best thing about it though is the restarurant...definitely eat there!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I've stayed here 3 times over many years. First as a teen with my parents, then on a weekend getaway and now as a family of 5! I have tried 2 other hotels (when no cabins were available) and this is still my favourite! Very clean and quiet. Lots of room, fridge, and a mounted tv that could be pointed towards our bed and away from the kids. It's close to everything but not on the bar street so quiet which is nice. Ate their Sunday brunch and one dinner and were very impressed. Their food choices were delicious and like home cooking (bbq with several side options). Only note to management is that the portions are way too big! Our kids could have split their kids dinner and I felt guilty throwing so much away. Back to the cabin...the pics on here are outdated. Their bed linens are newer and nice. Their beds are foam I believe and incredibly comfy!! Our preschooler had an accident and we informed the housekeeping staff. They were very understanding and left a little note letting us know they'd return with a new bedspread soon and they did like little fairy's come back while we were out.

Room Tip: Breakfast is only available Sunday so plan to eat elsewhere. There's an awesome coffee place on...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ArcticExplorer
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The cabins are extremely comfortable. 2 Queen beds, table, several chairs, free wifi. The porch in front has 2 chairs so you can enjoy the sun even at 12 o'clock midnight. Cabins are only a stones throw away from the restaurant and in the midst of Dawson.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My husband and I stopped in for lunch today. The restaurant was almost empty, plenty of tables. We noticed that there was a patio out back and walked through to take a peek. One of the servers, Julia, very rudely told us we had to wait to be seated. We apologized and went back to the front door, where we proceeded to wait for 10 minutes. Several times servers walked by us and looked at us, ignored us, so we just left. I would not frequent this establishment again! There's a great little coffee house on the Main Street, they have amazing
food and friendly service.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TouringDuo
kkates, Owner at Klondike Kate's Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Hello

I was really disappointed to read about your experience at our establishment, we have been in business for over 20 years, and I must assure you that we thrive to give the best service to all our customers, obliviously this didn't happen while you visited us and although it upsets me, I am glad you took the time to send us a note to explain what happened. I have brought this to the attention of all my staff, to ensure that every one feels welcome upon entering the restaurant. The "please wait to be seated" sign is to keep control of the door to ensure proper service, not to make people wait or be unattended. I really want to apologize for the lack of professionalism and hope that if you are ever again in our part of the world, you will give us another try so that we can redeem ourselves. Please ask for me personally, as I am always on the premise and would like to meet you in person.

Again please accept our sincere apologies

Josée Savard, owner

Reviewed June 7, 2013

If you are headed to Dawson then plan a stay at Klondike Kate's . Lovely log cabins with great bedding, toiletries, and biggest welcome ever await you. Ask for one facing the sun and you will have hours and hours of sunlight on your very own deck. Right downtown with the convenience of a cabin that includes a fridge, a deck and space versus a generic hotel room mean you can walk to almost everything Dawson has to offer, including Klondike Kate's very own restaurant. Josee and her team take care of every detail from helping plan things to do, to flowers in your room, to ensuring everything you mention is taken care of...I am picky and I love this place.

Room Tip: Get a cabin facing the sun .
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Hi
Just wanted to say thank you for the great review, sorry it took so long to respond but my days are full as you know. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope to see you again real soon. sincerely Josée

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We arrived in Dawson expecting to stay only 1 night. Fortunately for us, a ferry closure on the Dempster Highway meant that we had to stay 4! I say fortunately because if we had only stayed the one, we wouldn't have had the chance to go back to the restaurant and try the other delicious stuff on the menu. We were totally blown away by the quality of the food and service at Kate's. By our fourth night, all of the staff knew us and our story and were rooting for the ferry to reopen (which it did, allowing us to finish the last leg of our move to Inuvik, NT). Although you should only do it once (unless you have an extremely intense exercise regime!) you have to have the burger with the Pulled Pork (think it's called the Klondike burger or similar). Wow.

We also stayed here at the cabins. They are very cozy, extremely clean and perfect for our type of travel (we like to be able to have breakfast in our room, so the microwave, fridge and coffee pot were enough to get the job done). Also, they are pet friendly (nominal cleaning fee charged), which was a must.

One word of caution (and the reason I didn't rate 5 out of 5): many of the cabins face directly towards the restaurant patio. Of the 4 nights we stayed, at least three of them were loud enough that we had to close the windows in order to get some sleep. It was really hot out, so that made the rooms a little stuffy. However, the patio is only open until 11 and on shoulder season it wouldn't be an issue. So, depending on how you're traveling it might not disturb you in the same way.

Room Tip: Ask for a cabin away from the restaurant patio
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family