“Customer Service”

Klondike Kate's Cabins
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dawson City
Klondike Kate's Cabins
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My husband and I stopped in for lunch today. The restaurant was almost empty, plenty of tables. We noticed that there was a patio out back and walked through to take a peek. One of the servers, Julia, very rudely told us we had to wait to be seated. We apologized and went back to the front door, where we proceeded to wait for 10 minutes. Several times servers walked by us and looked at us, ignored us, so we just left. I would not frequent this establishment again! There's a great little coffee house on the Main Street, they have amazing
food and friendly service.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TouringDuo
kkates, Owner at Klondike Kate's Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Hello

I was really disappointed to read about your experience at our establishment, we have been in business for over 20 years, and I must assure you that we thrive to give the best service to all our customers, obliviously this didn't happen while you visited us and although it upsets me, I am glad you took the time to send us a note to explain what happened. I have brought this to the attention of all my staff, to ensure that every one feels welcome upon entering the restaurant. The "please wait to be seated" sign is to keep control of the door to ensure proper service, not to make people wait or be unattended. I really want to apologize for the lack of professionalism and hope that if you are ever again in our part of the world, you will give us another try so that we can redeem ourselves. Please ask for me personally, as I am always on the premise and would like to meet you in person.

Again please accept our sincere apologies

Josée Savard, owner

Reviewed June 7, 2013

If you are headed to Dawson then plan a stay at Klondike Kate's . Lovely log cabins with great bedding, toiletries, and biggest welcome ever await you. Ask for one facing the sun and you will have hours and hours of sunlight on your very own deck. Right downtown with the convenience of a cabin that includes a fridge, a deck and space versus a generic hotel room mean you can walk to almost everything Dawson has to offer, including Klondike Kate's very own restaurant. Josee and her team take care of every detail from helping plan things to do, to flowers in your room, to ensuring everything you mention is taken care of...I am picky and I love this place.

Room Tip: Get a cabin facing the sun .
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Hi
Just wanted to say thank you for the great review, sorry it took so long to respond but my days are full as you know. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope to see you again real soon. sincerely Josée

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We arrived in Dawson expecting to stay only 1 night. Fortunately for us, a ferry closure on the Dempster Highway meant that we had to stay 4! I say fortunately because if we had only stayed the one, we wouldn't have had the chance to go back to the restaurant and try the other delicious stuff on the menu. We were totally blown away by the quality of the food and service at Kate's. By our fourth night, all of the staff knew us and our story and were rooting for the ferry to reopen (which it did, allowing us to finish the last leg of our move to Inuvik, NT). Although you should only do it once (unless you have an extremely intense exercise regime!) you have to have the burger with the Pulled Pork (think it's called the Klondike burger or similar). Wow.

We also stayed here at the cabins. They are very cozy, extremely clean and perfect for our type of travel (we like to be able to have breakfast in our room, so the microwave, fridge and coffee pot were enough to get the job done). Also, they are pet friendly (nominal cleaning fee charged), which was a must.

One word of caution (and the reason I didn't rate 5 out of 5): many of the cabins face directly towards the restaurant patio. Of the 4 nights we stayed, at least three of them were loud enough that we had to close the windows in order to get some sleep. It was really hot out, so that made the rooms a little stuffy. However, the patio is only open until 11 and on shoulder season it wouldn't be an issue. So, depending on how you're traveling it might not disturb you in the same way.

Room Tip: Ask for a cabin away from the restaurant patio
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We had dinner here last night (August 28'2012). We have been in Dawson for 2 days and traveling for a week. This was the most incredible food, service, and value for your money. I had the buffalo sausage that had cranberries in it. Outstanding. My husband said it was the best buffalo burger he has ever had and he eats them often. The burger had real Canadian bacon on it that was delish. Don't miss the French Kiss dessert that was a martini glass with chocolate, balls of vanilla ice cream filled with espresso, brandy and gran maniere. You are never to full for one. I wish this place wascloser to home. Don't miss it.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I booked here on a whim. The AAA Tour Book rated it 2 diamonds, which is as much as any hotel in Dawson City rates. I was thinking of Robert Service and Jack London living in little one-room cabins and it seemed rather romantic. (That's the only romance involved, I was traveling solo.)

I booked only about a week in advance so was in a room with 2 double beds. That was good as these cabins are really small and the second bed was a good place to set my big suitcase and sort anything that needed to be sorted. I can't imagine how 4 people could occupy this space. The bathroom, which had a stall shower, was small even for 5'9" me. They did manage to squeeze in a small fridge, a microwave, a coffee maker (good coffee) and a TV which I didn't watch. There was also a small table with two straight chairs, and PVC chairs on the porch. There's wifi with a limited number of minutes which I didn't reach in the 2 evenings I stayed there. The second morning the wifi was out but there was an ethernet cable which worked fine.

My cabin was the farthest from the restaurant so I didn't have the noise problem mentioned by other reviewers. Actually, it was very peaceful and the decrepit building on the adjoining property only added to the Gold Rush atmosphere. Each cabin has a parking space next to it and it was nice to be able to just load directly out of the car and into the room.

I didn't eat at the restaurant as I had discovered a place called La Table on 5th while walking about town. It was so good that I ate there both nights. See my separate review.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Barbara W
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Even though we were there during the noisiest time of the year, summer solstice and Dust to Dawson motorcycle run, we enjoyed our stay. Dinner was excellent, my husband had pulled smoked pork and I had artic chard with roasted carrots. The salad was so crisp and fresh. The beer was cold and good. We loved this place and hope to return Staff was excellent.

Room Tip: We were last minute planners and had an end cabin.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2011

My husband and I only stayed here for one night but we were very happy with our choice. Our cabin was spotless, rustic and very comfortable. Our only complaint was the bathroom. It was very small and the layout was awkward, I think because our room contained the hot water tank for our row of units. The owners of this motel were pleasant and helpful and we had a great breakfast the next morning and yes, it was a little more expensive than we anticipated. We would definitely stay here again or recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple