“Decent but not great”

Jacksons Steak and Grill.
Ranked #185 of 269 Restaurants in Chilliwack
Cuisines: Contemporary, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We have dined at Jackson's a number of times, overall I would say it is decent but not great in all aspects: food, service, ambiance, location, & price. Jackson's is probably one of the best options in Chilliwack, but that is not a really high bar to clear.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Liked the Groupon Deal. Liked all the portions of food and delicious desert. Liked the waitress Julie. Comfortable leather booth seats and lots of leg room with wide table. Easy to find. Could of had a candle on the table, fire place lit, easy listening dinner music. Great price on wine mid week. Hotsand-7

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Attended April 24,2013, 5pm with our recent acquired Groupon Certificate. I did read Trip Advisor's reviews before attending and we were a little apprehensive. I did make reservations even thou it was a Wednesday evening. The girl at the front counter smiled, welcomed us and had the necessary information for us. We were seated in a comfortable booth with a window to have sun light finish our day. Our waiteress name was Julie, pretty smile(beautiful white teeth) and always smiled and was not in a hurry to leave us. We did not know what the house wine or the wine my wife chose tasted and did not mind the price(which was on a discounted price this evening!). Julie offered to let us taste each and we discovered the exact wine we were accustomed to and liked. Some thing not usually offered in up scale restaurants we have been to in the Vancouver area. The entre was a delicious with a crab mix, warm, with hot fresh bread and almost filled us with this amount. The main meal came in good timing, hot plate, hot food, with seafood(could of been more prawns then two) pasta noodels and my wife had a nice big portion of short rib beef done to perfection which just about fell to pieces and which I got a lot as just too much for her. This plate came with garlic potatoes, carrots in a nice cream sauce. As Julie said at first she would recommend the short rib beef I should of also got this plate(next time). The desert we could not believe! A long narrow plate of hot apple pie(two large pieces) but not shaped as a pie with two different ice creams, sauce and pie hot also. Very delicious. I noticed Julie went past our table to check on us but did not bother us only when our wine glasses were empty. The customers were coming in quite steady but still lots of room but we were not rushed in any way. Julie was pleasant, smilled and thanked us for coming and obviously appreciated the tip. Well our experience was sure worth the Groupon price of only 33.00 x2 value of 65.00plus per one meal. Easy to find just watch for the big Jacksons Sign and right behind or infront of the Dairy Queen on Vedder Rd. in Sardis, B.C. Julie also gave me a business card for Jacksons Steak & Grill House, urbanspoon also on internet for directions to locate and a tripadvisor get the truth.then go card. Thanks Julie for the comfortable worth while dinner experience and I hope you stay with Jacksons and get a pay raise for your great service(which my wife liked and commented to me). We would suggest having a candle on the table and soft instrument dinner music. Hotsand-7.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Wow, we had a fantastic prime rib dinner and then thought we would share a desert. The apple empanada was just a bit more than what we expected. A generous serving with more than enough for two. This was good value for money, there is no way one could eat all this after a full meal....

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I was craving Prime Rib and was not disappointed, just wished I had ordered a larger slice of meat. The food was fantastic but I was expecting a bit more ambience. Somehow booth seats just did not do it for me, as I was hoping for a table clothed table. Staff were attentive and I would go back for the food - ask to NOT sit near the kitchen