“New owners? bad decisions”
Review of Dakota's Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Dakota's Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Dakotas restaurant is a long standing favourite steakhouse of locals and visitors. Extensive menu, modern decor and great staff make dining at Dakotas a memorable experience. Steak, Seafood, Pastas, Sunday Buffet & great lunch burgers and lunch combos. Located in Chilliwack British Columbia and serving the community for over 15 years.
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Dekotas used to be one of my favorite places to eat. The building is beautiful what a shame. I was disappointed to be handed a plastic menu that had none of my favorite items on it. No escargot? no complimentary bread? no stir fry? and the worst is they want $3.00 for a baked potato?? absurd! i ordered a half liter of white wine and was told they no longer serve half liters? everything seems over priced now for the little amount of food you get. Chances are we wont return unless they change their menu and lower their prices.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

The service was extremely slow. There were no more than 30 people in the place and it took at least 5 minutes just to see a menu. The waitress did not mention any specials until we asked.The soup was luke warm and the meal soso . That will be my last trip there.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We used to eat here regularly, food is now just aceptable at best. I also used to send clients here, probably spent over $2000 on gift certificates in last few years..beware...I was told they won't honor because they got a raw deal when they bought the resteraunt..so customers will have to take the loss.

The Calamari was so spicy it was almost uneatable. Our waiter presented himself as the manager, the explanation for the food, gift certificates, etc was hilarious. They took the escargot off the menu to save money now they are thinking about adding it back because there are no customers. he said it doesnt matter to them as they are going to be changing the name. I feel sorry for the new owners to have a frontman like that. Got a bad case of the runs after...at least the certificates came in handy for something....Stay away! I recommend Frankie's, Greek Islands or Jacksons instead.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We had our 29th anniversary on Feb.25,2013.We chose Dakota's Rest. Because it is close to home.Have not been there for approx. 1 1/2 years.. We arrived and found new owners have taken over the restaurant. We ordered of the Dinner menu Schnitzel with Garlic potato and vegetables. We were very surprised at the friendly staff and the quality of food. .Hundred times better that the previous owners. We had appetizers and of course our main meal.The appetizers were to die for.Well presented hot and lots of it,so my wife and I shared. The main meal was done to our liking and again presented very well.The taste of the food was out of this world,hot well done and lots of it. Then we had a chocolate dessert to top off the evening. These NEW owners have outdone themselves. We will defiantly be back soon. Not waiting a whole years again.THank you Dakota staff and management.WELL DONE...

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I cannot understand how a restaurant can change ownership & not honor a gift certificate which had no expiry date - I'm not sure this is legal.

Maybe Steel on you side would be interested in this story.

4  Thank Claudia G