“Good sushi but slow service”
Review of Vedder Sushi

Vedder Sushi
Ranked #87 of 268 Restaurants in Chilliwack
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

The sushi was great, fresh and decent portion for someone who loves sushi. I did not like the fact on several occasions we would order 3 lunch boxes all arriving at different times. Nice grateful people but they can't nail the service part down.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Four of us visited one evening in the week. So the restaurant was pretty empty. We were seated quickly and orders taken. Some of our party made the mistake of ordering way too much! Their rolls are massive! I went for the set dinner menu which was excellent value, very filling and I would highly recommend it. I am a vegetarian and there was plenty for me to choose from.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Everything we ordered was quite good, not the best but nothing to complain about. Large servings, good price, service slow but okay. Have been 3 times, probably will go back again.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Absolutely ridiculous customer service, very sub-par food. Being a sushi lover, I went to this place within the first week it opened. It took FOREVER for someone to even bring us water. Then at least half an hour before someone finally came to take our order, despite the restaurant being empty. The food was nothing to write home about, so I told myself I'd never go back.

Fast forward 2 years later, I decide to give Vedder Sushi another shot. Since I am allergic to fish, I asked that they leave the crab out of the California Roll. I was informed I would have to pay $1.50 extra for them to do this. I ask if the rolls are pre-made, she informs me that they are made fresh for every order. So I ask why I am being charged MORE for having the expensive part taken out of a roll. She goes to check with the manager, she comes back and informs me the manager is insisting I be charged the extra $1.50 for the inconvenience, so my fiance and I get up and leave. This wasn't because I was cheap and that 1.50 was really going to break the bank, it's the fact that their greediness and lack of customer service made zero sense to me.

My usual sushi place Woomai downtown will go above and beyond to accommodate me and my fish allergy, even going as far as creating special, unique little rolls without fish, as well as all sorts of veggie tempura instead of prawns. There are a ton of Japanese restaurants in Chilliwack, you'd think Vedder Sushi would be a little more competitive and make a point of having excellent customer service, considering their low reviews and normally empty parking lot. I will never return to this place, it won't last.

Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

I have never had to beg for water not once, not twice but three times. All 5 in our party were out of water,and nothing. We had to call across the tiny restaurant for our waitress, who after 20 minutes of no service and not taking our order, poured water and didn't stick around for us to order. The place wasn't busy at all. The food had no taste whatsoever. We asked for our bill, 15 minutes past, no bill so we went to the till and our waitress came running, apologizing. She spent most of her time wiping down the outdoor tables where no customers were than with actual paying customers. Never returning to this place.