“Fantastic - please, please try it!! It's a little gem.”

Coconut Thai Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 269 Restaurants in Chilliwack
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic
Good for: Romantic
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I was hestitant to try the restaurant as it's kind of hidden in a small strip mall and nothing flashy about it, but it was close to work so a co-worker decided to try it. I'm so glad we did as food was delicious!!! My co-worker and I had different menu items but we tried each others and we both really liked what the other had ordered. I can't wait to go back, and back, and back again as long as the food and prices stay as excellent as they are. Service was good as well.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

For a strip-mall restaurant, Coconut Thai sure can pull off romantic ambience when it's needed. My spouse brought me here for Valentine's Day. The place was decorated with hearts: heart-shaped balloons, heart-shaped candle holders, and all the food we were served was not only delicious, but heart-shaped as well! The rice was molded into hearts, the carrots were cut into thin little hearts, even the straws we drank our cocktails through were bent into heart shapes. The service was very good; we lacked for nothing. All-in-all, a very romantic and delicious evening.

1  Thank morkula
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Everything we tried was very yummy, We asked for spicy and we got it. No toned down spice at this place.

The pad thai was especially good.

1  Thank Jaybirdq
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I had lunch there today and it was a super plate of noodles. Perfect amount of spice on my pad thai, I am a huge pansy with hot-ness so I only had the "two".

The server was very attentive and made sure everything was taken care of. Just a solid place to get some Thai food from people who seem earnest about what they're doing. Please at least try this place, I think you will be pleased.

2  Thank JyouKnit
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We ate here for the first time recently and were pleasantly surprised with the quality and quantity of the food. Having travelled extensively in Asia, we are usually disappointed with how food is "toned down" for the North American palate, but when we asked for "spicy" we got it! The service was friendly and efficient, and although the prices are not cheap, we took enough food home for another meal. We will definitely go back.

2  Thank hammsters