“Best Fishing Guide on the Fraser River”

Bluewater Rockies Sportfish Guiding Co.
Ranked #2 of 13 Tours in Chilliwack
More attraction details
Owner description: An industry leader for more than 15 years, our company has been serving anglers from all four corners of the globe, and has built an international reputation for consistently providing top-quality River Sport Fishing Adventures & Holidays. We share your fishing passion & understand your fishing needs. Fly, Gear or BIG GAME, we are confident we can meet or exceed the high expectations of today’s sport fish anglers. We’ve assembled the finest salmon & sturgeon guide team our area has to offer. Passionate and determined individuals dedicated to ensuring you have the most successful results day in and day out. In the business of sport fishing, knowledge and experience cannot be overlooked. Our team has enough of both to cover 160km of river, and when fishing is tough, having that option will prove to be invaluable.
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I first fished with BlueWaterRockies in June of 2003. I fished the Fraser River with Chris for Salmon (ultimately) but then went on to the Sturgeon. THE BEST fishing experience i've ever had in my life!!
I've since moved to Canada & have now fished with BlueWaterRockies a further 2 times, with another trip organised for June of this year..
If it's pure adrenalin rush fishing you're after, then look no further than BlueWaterRockies Sportfish Guiding Co. Fantastic knowledge of the Fraser River system, Excellent fishing & brilliant guiding. These guys will fill your day with great fishing & aching arms.
Tightlines everyone, you won't regret it!!
Steve Bone, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. (formerly of Co. Durham, England U.K.)

Chris C, Owner at Bluewater Rockies Sportfish Guiding Co., responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Hi Steve,

Wow, has it been 10 years already since your first visit? Where did the time go!

Even though it's been a decade since your first trip, I remember it as if it was yesterday. How about that super hot day where you had to pull on over 20 sturgeon all by yourself! I think you sunk your sunglasses in the water that same day :o)

Thanks so much for the very kind words and I'm super excited to have the opportunity to fish with you guys again. We'll make the best of it and try to find some big fish somewhere!

Until then, stay safe and see you in the summer!

Regards from BC

There are newer reviews for Bluewater Rockies Sportfish Guiding Co.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Vince kaney and party, from Scotland.

We had a week with river sportfishing in sept 2009, this was supposed to be a once in a lifetime trip but we have decided to return for another week in 2013. We had a great time and our guide matt was excellent so we had no hesitation in bookoing with chris and his team again.

Hi Vince,

Great to hear from you!

Really looking forward to having you and the rest of the group back again this coming season.

Hopefully the fishing will be as good if not better and the guys will get rewarded with some fantastic catches on the fly.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again in the fall!

Please pass on my regards to the rest of the fellas!

Until then, tight lines and hope you have a great salmon season back home.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I have been fishing with Chris and his team three times so far and I must say I have really enjoied it.
First time was in the fall for sturgeon and salmon. Second time was in May where Chris took me to the Fraser river Canyon which was totally awersome. The scenery in the mountains was fantastic. There is nothing like fishing for sturgeons in those backeddies in the canyon. Third time was fall sturgeon and salmon fishing again. I really enjoid fishing with Chris and his team - just let them know if you want to target lots of smaller sturgeons or you want to wait for that big one in that deep hole.... They know where to find the fish for you and I could tell from Chris eyes and voice that he was as thrilled as me when I hooked into something big. Having a skilled and knowable guide can make the difference between 0-3 sturgeon per day and 10-15 sturgeons or even more per day. I have experienced those 15+ days with Bluewater rockies so I am not in doubt when I go to BC fishing for sturgeon and salmon next time I will choose this outfitter again.

Chris C, Owner at Bluewater Rockies Sportfish Guiding Co., responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Hi there Frank,

Great to hear from you and thank you for posting a review on your past trip experiences with our company. Hopefully we've been able to meet your salmon and sturgeon fishing expectations over the years, and look forward to the opportunity of fishing with you again in the near future.

Until next time, tight lines!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

this sept will be the 4th trip with bluewater rockies,last sept was my best trip ,with 31 sturgeon boated & 14 lost including 2 big ones ,ben was brilliant & so was glen ,they taught me quite a bit about sturgeon fishing.last 3 trips {sept 07 - 09 - 11, were good }.

Greetings Dave!

Thanks so much for posting a review about your trip experiences with our company. You and Ben sure put on a river clinic on your last trip!...well done and let's hope it gets even better in 2013! Really looking forward to seeing you this coming season.

Best Regards,

Reviewed January 1, 2013

I first got introduced to Chris and Bluewater through a good friend who lives in BC. What started out as a "boys mini vacation " has turned into one of the best annual get togethers. Chris has successfully year upon year introduced us to some of the biggest sturgeon possible , mid summer to late fall he knows were to go ! We have been up the canyon for some spectacular vistas and sizeable sturgeon as well as the "working " part of the river. The salmon trips we have been on were nothing less than incredible . My arm was ready to fall off by the end of the fishing day.
Our trips have evolved to include my friends sons and my son. Chris has always been an excellent host and valued teacher of any new area or species. This is a high value event that should not be missed , I look forward to this trip every year!

Hi Brent,

Great to hear from you and thank you for providing us with your trip feedback! It's always a great time on the water with you guys and we're really looking forward to the opportunity of doing it all over again this coming season. Hope the young guns have been hitting the gym :o). Hope to see you guys in 2013.

Best Regards,