“Great food, atmosphere, service - I'll be back!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Garrison Bistro
Ranked #20 of 253 Restaurants in Chilliwack
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Vernon
“Great food, atmosphere, service - I'll be back!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

We went to the Garrison Bistro with another couple for a nice dinner out and we were all very pleased with how the evening unfolded. The service was great, very pleasant throughout the evening and we stayed awhile! We had a really nice appetizer selection, I had the salmon and was really pleased with the fish and the great vegies that came with it. Everyone really enjoyed their meals, and we had a couple of great yummy desserts. I was impressed with the server's advice around the wine and she was informative and not up-selling us which I always appreciate. The atmosphere was comfortable, we had one of the booths and were able to enjoy our dinner conversation easily. My husband had been a few times for lunch and had highly recommended it. I hope to dine there again soon when I return to Chilliwack.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Chilliwack, Canada
“Way too much hype”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

First the good news; Nice location, Great atmospere, Excellent Greeter and Servers. The menu I thought was very well thought out with interesting and trendy combinations, BUT the bad news is you need someone who knows how to cook them. Nothing we ordered was properly done. One of the appetizers we chose was limp asparagus in an oily deep fried coating. (Too bad I really like this one when it's done right) anyway it was sent back only to be repeated a second time so sad. Same story with the main. we didn't have dessert. I actually felt bad for our server, I know she experienced and could see what was being served.
I think there is real potential here for a good cook - perhaps Gordon Ramsey could point them in the right direction.

Visited September 2013
Chilliwack, Canada
“Alot of hype but big letdown”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

I like the atmosphere it was good but the price and the food was a disappointment. We had appys and dinner the portions were small at 20.00 plus a meal you shouldn't leave hungry. The taste was OK for higher end restaurant you want to have incredible flavour. Might give it another shot could have just been a off night.

Visited April 2013
Sardis, BC
“Definitely wont become a regular”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

The food is good, even though the restaurant is always over-staffed the staff are always distracted (a lot of time spent sitting at the bar - spending more time watching the tvs than the guests). The food is really good, some odd pairings that almost work, but overall I'm just not a huge fan of the menu - which changes often to go along with seasonal foods. I've tried the pastas, the fish items, the chicken items, but I have yet to find anything I'd repurchase again. Which is probably why I only go there when everything else just seems so far away. The flat bread pizza is really good, but when you order it from the appetizer menu is just comes out with the meal anyway.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank PhaneW
Canada
“Not a good experience!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

I wanted to take my neighbor out for a special goodbye lunch so chose Garrison Bistro as I had been there in the past and it was very good. The first problem was that we were advised to sit outside as a large party was booked for inside. It was very cold outside in the shade and even though they turned on the patio heater and with a blanket wrapped around us, we still froze. It took an hour for our meal to arrive. The server first apologized, saying they had a large party inside and then later said they had a computer glitch. If they weren't able to handle the numbers they should have closed the restaurant to the "party" and not let the rest of the clients outside suffer. When the food did eventually come it certainly was not worth the wait and was overpriced as well. We will NOT be returning to Garrison Bistro - even if they did give us a free cup of coffee as some kind of compensation. It's possible that they were just having a bad day but I won't be giving them another chance. There are other places in Chilliwack to eat.

Visited May 2013